Screwed!!?? ...

Faisal Sidd

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey there!

I'm just quite tensed right now because I had downloaded iOS 7 through iTunes (Latest) and then hit the "Update" button, and then I could see the "Connect to iTunes" logo on my iPhone 5 and the message on iTunes read "updating iPhone" .... and that took about 5 minutes and after that I got an error "Cannot update the iPhone. Unknown error occurred (4005)" .... and since then my phone is stuck at the connect to to itunes sign ... I tried to hard reset it or take it to the recovery mode (Power + Home, release Power keep Home pressed), but nothing is happening... HELPP PEOPLE!!! :crying:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup, been trying those. But still can't figure out how to get itunes to recognise my iphone ...

If your devices is backed up, and you have the time and will power, start from scratch:

1. Re-download and install the latest iTunes app on your computer.

2. Move the ipsw file for your iPhone to the trashbin, but do not delete it.

3. Turn OFF your iPhone.

4. Connect the iPhone to your computer via USB, fire up the iTunes app and put your iPhone in DFU Mode.

5. Let iTunes recognize that your device is in recovery and then allow it to re-download a new install of iOS 7 and then install it.

6. Restore from a backup or as new according to your wishes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW