Anyway to close out app without going to folder.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow this functionality is a huge disappointment. Either arrange apps into folders and take 2 actions to get back to springboard or clutter springboard so when you close an app, you're back at home screen. I looked but I don't see any options to change this behavior.

Spat

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
B4 you could double click and hold down on open apps and click the x to close. Not now. Someone that has the answer please post.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
B4 you could double click and hold down on open apps and click the x to close. Not now. Someone that has the answer please post.

Yeah but even that would be annoying. I would rather just close the app and go back to the home screen like before instead of having to to follow your path backwards. It's like they made getting in and out of apps the same as when you are going through settings. I have to spend enough time watching these animations but now I have to spend more time just to go from app to another. The multitasking would work if it were between two apps that I just used but if it's something else, it's a kind of a needless process.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Just grab the card representing the app and slide it up and away. You can also close two or three apps at the same time by grabbing multiple cards and flicking them all away.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I liked that you could flick from the bottom to pull up the Open Apps.. now, that opens the control center. In order to get to the open apps, you have to double click the home button.. putting more use on the home button than really necessary. Dont like the way APPLE made it to get to the open apps... but once there, it's pretty cool to be able to scroll through them...

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
After a couple of days, I'm getting used to this but I hope Apple will eventually let you close app > springboard instead of close app > folder > close folder > springboard. So much wasted time traveling around the UI.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
While I like the Control Center, I dont like having to double click the home screen each time to get to the open apps. This puts an undo amount of wear on the home button. Too bad you can't make a gesture to open the open apps instead of having to double click the home button each time.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
While I like the Control Center, I dont like having to double click the home screen each time to get to the open apps. This puts an undo amount of wear on the home button. Too bad you can't make a gesture to open the open apps instead of having to double click the home button each time.

I might be misunderstanding you, but this is the way it has always been since Apple implemented the app switcher in a past iOS update. It has always been a double tap to bring up the apps running. Before, you used to have to long press on one of the apps and close them by hitting the red x. now, you simply swipe up on the card to close the app.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
After a couple of days, I'm getting used to this but I hope Apple will eventually let you close app > springboard instead of close app > folder > close folder > springboard. So much wasted time traveling around the UI.

I agree with what you are saying; I do wish that if I open a folder, then open an app in the folder, then close the app, that it would auromatically take me to the home screen. With iOS 6, I had my phone jailbroken an used a tweak to prevent that. So look for the jailbreak when/if it becomes available. You may find something better to your liking tweak-wise.

Gooner26

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Because it's so hard just to tap the screen quickly below the folder?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I might be misunderstanding you, but this is the way it has always been since Apple implemented the app switcher in a past iOS update. It has always been a double tap to bring up the apps running. Before, you used to have to long press on one of the apps and close them by hitting the red x. now, you simply swipe up on the card to close the app.

Hmmm.. maybe I've been jailbroke so long on my iphone that I forgot this was the way "it used to be.".. I used to swipe up to open the app switcher, then hold down to get the red x to close. Even on my ipad mini before I updated to IOS 7 used to do this.. well, ok, it was ALSO jailbroke..

guess I'll have to get used to double tapping the home button to bring up the app switcher.

All the more reason why my jailbroke 4S will stay that way until a Jailbreak comes out for IOS 7... there are just too many things I like about my jailbreak that I dont get with the new IOS 7..

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm.. maybe I've been jailbroke so long on my iphone that I forgot this was the way "it used to be.".. I used to swipe up to open the app switcher, then hold down to get the red x to close. Even on my ipad mini before I updated to IOS 7 used to do this.. well, ok, it was ALSO jailbroke..

guess I'll have to get used to double tapping the home button to bring up the app switcher.

All the more reason why my jailbroke 4S will stay that way until a Jailbreak comes out for IOS 7... there are just too many things I like about my jailbreak that I dont get with the new IOS 7..

Haha, yup...that'll do it!! You get used to it one way, and then have to get used to it again! I did love the tweak that automatically closed the folders once you tap an app inside the folder though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods