iOS 7 is out! Post bugs/fixes here.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPad mini and just installed iOS 7. I have two issues / questions:

1. Where is the flashlight? I have no flashlight icon in my control panel. Is this only available for iPhone?

There’s no camera flash on the iPad, so there’s no way to do a flashlight.

2. Where are the new wallpapers? I don't see any Apple wallpapers in Settings-Wallpaper. How do I get the new backgrounds for parallel wallpapers? I thought they were included in the new IOS download?

Thank you very much.
Paulette :)

The new wallpapers should be at the top with two categories: Dynamic and Stills. The parallax effect is done with all wallpapers unless you specifically turn it off (Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion > [ON] )

disneyland_fan

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my 4S to iOS7 and now I can barely get the keyboard to work. Hell, I'm lucky if I can get my phone unlocked now because it barely responds. Anyone else having this issue?

Found a fix for keyboard lag. It has to do with iCloud. Go into settings and go to iCloud > Documents & Data. Turn it off and you keyboard lag will be gone.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks like most of the iOS 7 lag is caused by iCloud so far...

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPad mini and just installed iOS 7. I have two issues / questions:

1. Where is the flashlight? I have no flashlight icon in my control panel. Is this only available for iPhone?

2. Where are the new wallpapers? I don't see any Apple wallpapers in Settings-Wallpaper. How do I get the new backgrounds for parallel wallpapers? I thought they were included in the new IOS download?

Thank you very much.
Paulette :)

If you have no flash on your device, you don't get a flashlight. I believe the new wallpapers were retina wallpapers, which doesn't apply to the mini.

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your response. That answers my question about the Flashlight; however, I still do not see Dynamic or Stills under Wallpaper in Settings. Hmmm...what happened and how can I get them? Thanks once again! :)

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Just an issue I'm seeing in Mail - when I link my Gmail account to Mail, it displays 5,256 unread emails in the little red balloon that attaches to the Mail icon. This is completely inaccurate.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just an issue I'm seeing in Mail - when I link my Gmail account to Mail, it displays 5,256 unread emails in the little red balloon that attaches to the Mail icon. This is completely inaccurate.

If you did a restore, the phone doesn’t know that you’ve read all those messages... they are "new" to that OS install on that device... curious, it it configured as POP or IMAP? IMAP should handle it, but not POP...

christina808

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
My Logitech keyboard seemed to fine yesterday, but today it is glitchy and letters seem to get "stuck" and repeat. I finally just turned the keyboard off and am hoping a fix emerges soon!

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
It's the way of Apple. Copy someone else's idea & call it their own.

Don't get me wrong, I think IOS is the best OS on the market, but it is best for a reason, looking at good ideas from others & perfecting it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's the way of Apple. Copy someone else's idea & call it their own.

Don't get me wrong, I think IOS is the best OS on the market, but it is best for a reason, looking at good ideas from others & perfecting it.

This isn't limited to Apple as Android has done the same thing. They ALL copy off of each other at some point. It's the way in which competition works.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Vonner

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Quick question. Yesterday after the ios7 install, calendar entries are not showing up in my notifications screen (when I swipe down). Tried turning off Calendar in notifications, reboot, then turn back on- nothing... now today only the Facebook calendar items show up. Nothing with an all day entry... any help would be appreciated.
Mahalo.

I'm having the same issue, but only with all day appointments. If the calendar item is for a specific time it shows up. I believe this to be a bug.

audiofreak9

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
After iOS7 update I noticed my iPad (wifi only) had the wrong time, it was 3 hours behind. I found the culprit. When I first got my iPad 2 I was looking for ways to conserve battery life, turning off the Time Zone - Location Service would give me more life. Well when I updated to iOS7, my preference to the Location Service -> Time Zone 'OFF' was kept. The iPad had no time zone reference once it restarted, hence the 3 hour difference in time. I went to Privacy -> Location Services -> System Services -> Setting Time Zone and turned it 'ON' and voila my iPad had the proper time! I then turned it 'OFF' and all was well.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Found one for Tapatalk Pro.

The app freezes and crashes when attempting to report a post.

Phone totally froze and had to do a reboot.

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded ios7, why is it eating my battery?

If you just downloaded it you are not seeing what your true battery life will be like yet. Give it a few charges and discharges, I'm sure you'll see an improvement.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I read that we would be able to schedule calendar events from texts messages. That words like, tomorrow, today, the date ect. would be highlighted and you can add to your calendar from there. We can't seem to make this work. It will work if you text 9-19-13 7:00 but not "September 19th" or "tomorrow at 7." However it worked from my email picking up Sept 24th 5-8 at such and such place. So, is this a bug or did it ultimately not get included for texts?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro