Restore from ios 6 backup or start as new

restore or start new

• Total voters

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Just curious but what do you people plan to do when you upgrade to IOS 7. Restore from your IOS 6 backup or start brand new fresh? I think I'm going to restore from IOS 6 backup cuz im lazy and want to keep all my current text pics etc but if I see battery life is gonna take a toll I'll probably setup as new.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll initially restore from a backup, but after a few days, I know I'll restore as new. It's just what I do.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm seems like i asked this same question to a friend of mine on here there other day and was given the same advice and not be fearful of doing so and that is what I am going to do. I hope I remembered to thank him. :)

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Do you lose pictures on the camera roll if its restored as new? If so, I'll be doing it from a backup.

Yes -- restoring "as new" is essentially like picking up a new iPhone at the store. It will be factory default. You can then sync back all your apps and some of your data, but the camera roll and text/iMessage history will be gone for good.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes -- restoring "as new" is essentially like picking up a new iPhone at the store. It will be factory default. You can then sync back all your apps and some of your data, but the camera roll and text/iMessage history will be gone for good.

If you are using PhotoStream, you will get back the last 1000 photos from the past 30 days... but anything older than 30 days or beyond the last 1000 photos will not be synched back to your phone. And they will appear in your PhotoStream, not in your camera roll. They will also continue to live on any other device that is connected to your PhotoStream.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73