iOS 7 ... Apple's biggest mistake

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I love iOS 7. I used it on my development device only through all the betas. I was thrilled when the GM was released so I could put it on my daily drivers as well. I could never go back to iOS 6.

​It's like having a whole new phone!

You're killing me.

I bought my 5 when my Z10 went balls up because of ios7. I love the looks. Wednesday is too far away.

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
So is everyone having the same problems with iOS7 GM panorama wallpapers as me? I select it through utilities and nothing different than a regular picture. Did Apple do away with it altogether?

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere, I think on this forum, that Apple did away with this feature due to battery drain. But it may show up on a future update to iOS 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
As has been said before the look of iOS 7 is very polarizing so to each their own on that, but i find it hard to disapprove of the features and upgrades.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. I too find the icons "overly feminine" (IMO) and really hope for an icon skin that will allow me to "man up" the icons as well. I don't foresee me avoiding the enhancements that have been made with iOS7 in any way, shape or form, BUT the Crayola chalk look has got to go!! As with all products in the consumer market, there WILL be those that will rant about the new design and those (such as myself) that find the display reminiscent of Hello Kitty. Just thinking ... I envision an app developer sitting at his iMac wearing his/her Elton John $~$ glasses :nerd: as he/she creates the icon skin app.

LMAO!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yup exactly the same... The only thing missing from previous builds is Panorama wallpaper, and iCloud Key-chain.

iCloud Key-chain will most likely be pushed out later this fall.

anon(3979116)

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After switching from Blackberry to iPhone a year ago for all the usual reasons, I am somewhat disappointed in iOS6 because the keyboard is too small, and it takes me at least two or three steps to move from one app to another. Also, when viewing contacts, the note fields feel mushy and reluctant to scroll. If iOS7 fixes that, I could tolerate the garish look.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You mean to tell me I could have gotten os7 months early

If you had gone through the beta development cycle, yes. Clearly iOS 7 was evolving through that process... but now that the GM is out, it’s not going to change until the 7.0.1 release.

The GM was released last Tuesday... so you could have had it at least a week before the general public.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If you had gone through the beta development cycle, yes. Clearly iOS 7 was evolving through that process... but now that the GM is out, it?s not going to change until the 7.0.1 release.

The GM was released last Tuesday... so you could have had it at least a week before the general public.

Well ill next time ill know for os7

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
You guys are nuts that don't dig iOS7. To each their own of course, but my gracious, for functionality alone it easily trumps iOS6. Now, I don't know what I'd do without the pull-up menu for toggling wifi. I couldn't go back. To be honest, I don't even pay attention to the colors or the way the app logos look. I just want them to work...and they do. Every single time.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello there everyone ! I am really disappointed with iOS 7 . Let me start with it's design , I seriously think iOS 7 font looks extremely cheap and it feels like not well done. The colors are way too much bright and colorful :/ the one thing I hated about Samsung phones ( Android OS ) is the extremely over colored look and everything feels fake. iOS 7 is exactly like that

Going only by the photos I've seen online I agree with you. The design looks like something one of my granddaughters would draw using their crayons. Don't misunderstand, I'm looking forward to iOS 7. But if the design looks as preschoolish on my phone as it does in the photos it will take some time for me to get used to it.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Seeing as I haven't had a chance to use iOS7 I'm looking forward to it a lot I guess I will get use to the look quickly but I was wondering did Apple get rid of the date wheel that's used in most of there Native apps I hope not thats one of the cool stuff I liked about iOS from the beginning

Sent from my iPhone 5

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as I haven't had a chance to use iOS7 I'm looking forward to it a lot I guess I will get use to the look quickly but I was wondering did Apple get rid of the date wheel that's used in most of there Native apps I hope not thats one of the cool stuff I liked about iOS from the beginning

Sent from my iPhone 5

Actually, yeah, they did... here's the new one - showing the same clean, simple look as the rest of iOS 7

Attachments

• IMG_1715.PNG
    IMG_1715.PNG
    83.9 KB · Views: 90

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox