iOS 7 ... Apple's biggest mistake

3adnan

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello there everyone !

I upgraded to iOS 7 GM although I am not a developer. I am really disappointed with iOS 7 .
Let me start with it's design , I seriously think iOS 7 font looks extremely cheap and it feels like not well done. The colors are way too much bright and colorful :/
the one thing I hated about Samsung phones ( Android OS ) is the extremely over colored look and everything feels fake. iOS 7 is exactly like that

Other than looks and design. I think iOS 7 is actually SLOWER than iOS 6 .. first of all the Multi-Tasking is extremely annoying
the way it goes back and then the apps feels like floating in the middle of nowhere is really ugly , it feels very un-stable , and it actually takes more time to go to the app that you want to close and then slide back to the menu.

And he worst thing that really really annoyed me is the Music app !! its extremely crowded and you feel like the text will just lay on top of each other !
and there is this bug that I do not understand , when I am playing music and my iPhone is locked .. and then when you pause the song or just stop it .. usually what happens is that the background shows again ( instead of the album art ) .. now with iOS 7 , it just stands there although music is not playing anymore !!!! and then I have to go the music app and close it and then go back to the lockscreen to get my background showing agian :/ Anyone facing this too ?

In the attachment below , you can see how close the text to each other , and how easy it is to tap on something else .. this is extremely annoying and it feels like the screen does not fit the software .. if iPhone 5s had a bigger screen , I would understand .. but its the same screen size .. :/
I am just completely disappointed with how the text feels unorganized

Eventually , when I first used the iOS 7 , I thought it was ****ty and very complicated " it was the exact opposite of simple " ... but I thought maybe this was just because its the beta version ... now , seeing the GM version still like that with many clutter and bugs...

I am not saying iOS 7 is a complete failure , I am just saying its far from becoming ready to go public :/

what do you think ?

PS : I am using now iOS 7 , and surely downgrading back to iOS 6

Attachments

• 1234894_10151838499904061_1269772813_n.png
    1234894_10151838499904061_1269772813_n.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 306

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I love iOS 7. I used it on my development device only through all the betas. I was thrilled when the GM was released so I could put it on my daily drivers as well. I could never go back to iOS 6.

​It's like having a whole new phone!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
@3adnan, thanks for sharing your thoughts regarding iOS 7. There are others who feel the exact same way, but I'm not one of them. I'm really enjoying the look and performance of iOS 7 on my iPhone 5, but I understand that there are people like yourself that don't. It's all good. Hopefully, Apple will provide themes and performance enhancements in the future that may best suit your tastes, but until then, feel free to use a device with an OS that's more to your liking at this time. Take care...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'll get used to it with time ... *sigh*
Thanks for the replies <3

I'm sure you will. I still have to remind myself on occasion to swipe up to place my device in airplane mode or to enable and disable Wi-Fi. Still, the OS is easy to maneuver and all of my apps works so I can't complain. :)

3adnan

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure you will. I still have to remind myself on occasion to swipe up to place my device in airplane mode or to enable and disable Wi-Fi. Still, the OS is easy to maneuver and all of my apps works so I can't complain. :)

Hehe true ... happens to me as well

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I haven't actually used ios7 yet but I am looking forward to the new features. I am not looking forward to the new icons. I agree, they are too bright and girly. That's what the iphone 5c is for. I really hope apple comes out with themes. Even just two options for icons, bright and not so bright. But again it won't stop me from enjoying ios7 as long as it is functional.

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Ditto. One thing they added that I love is when you send someone a text with a date, imessage hyperlinks the date and when you "click" on it, it opens calendar to set an appointment. Even if someone says "today", "Tomorrow" or "next week". Fantastic idea. I like the multitasking also, so I think 3ADNAN is way off also. I love iOS7, and i was skeptical from the beginning. My ONLY issue- why the heck doesnt panorama wallpaper work? I have yet to see it work on my phone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the party. If you have a look around this place, you?ll find that we?ve been talking about this subject for the past 3 months... some will agree with you, but many will not... Personally, I love the look of iOS 7, and I?ve seen it grow into an even more stable operating system since the initial beta release...

You?re entitled to your opinion... so get iOS 6 installed while it?s still an option. Good luck to you...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
At first i didn't like it... Felt tacky to me.. But after sometime iOS 7 grew on me, now so much I tried going back to iOS 6 and it self didn't feel right....

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At first i didn't like it... Felt tacky to me.. But after sometime iOS 7 grew on me, now so much I tried going back to iOS 6 and it self didn't feel right....

​Yep, I still have iOS 6 on my iPad Mini and it doesn't feel right anymore...lol...Gotta get that changed...;)

Harley Kid

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I haven't actually used ios7 yet but I am looking forward to the new features. I am not looking forward to the new icons. I agree, they are too bright and girly. That's what the iphone 5c is for. I really hope apple comes out with themes. Even just two options for icons, bright and not so bright. But again it won't stop me from enjoying ios7 as long as it is functional.

I couldn't agree more. I too find the icons "overly feminine" (IMO) and really hope for an icon skin that will allow me to "man up" the icons as well. I don't foresee me avoiding the enhancements that have been made with iOS7 in any way, shape or form, BUT the Crayola chalk look has got to go!! I feel that the WoW factor has been missed when both of my teenage daughters proclaim that they aren't planning to upgrade to their 4s until another option is available. As with all products in the consumer market, there WILL be those that will rant about the new design and those (such as myself) that find the display reminiscent of Hello Kitty. *Thought* ... (Says to himself ... :thinking:) Wonder if the same individual that created the pea green colour for the Chevy Spark and the powder blue on the VW Beetle was the same individual that is responsible for the pastel theme we are seeing on this OS ... I'm seeing a direct correlation ... Just thinking ... I envision an app developer sitting at his iMac wearing his/her Elton John $~$ glasses :nerd: as he/she creates the icon skin app.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have refrained from all betas, and I am waiting for next week. Interesting to see all the varying opinions though. That said, I imagine it would not affect my resolve and I will be sticking with the platform. I have a Nexus 7 I know exactly what?s going on on the other side, and I still prefer by a long shot iOS. iOS 7 though different looking, brings a lot of functionality that I always wanted.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I really like iOS 7, it is a big improvement over 6. It probably still does have its bugs and performance issues. But, it will be ironed out. Most people don't like change, but change happens all the time, and in the long run it's usually for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have refrained from all betas, and I am waiting for next week. Interesting to see all the varying opinions though. That said, I imagine it would not affect my resolve and I will be sticking with the platform. I have a Nexus 7 I know exactly what?s going on on the other side, and I still prefer by a long shot iOS. iOS 7 though different looking, brings a lot of functionality that I always wanted.

I have been waiting as well. I am not as tech-savy as many people in these forums, and I am DEFINITEY not a developer, so I have been patiently waiting!! At first, the icons didn't impress me. But now, they haev grown on me and it's almost weird in a way looking at my phone compared to the ios7 pictures. I'm jealous!!! And I can't wait until next week!

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree 100% on the UI theme - it is awful. Steve would be rolling in his grave. Given Apple's history with customization, I'd be shocked if they ever offered theme options. I do like the new task switching interface from the videos I've seen.

Lamont Raccoon

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
There's no way I could go back lol. I look at old pictures I took when I had iOS 6. _ like pictures of my background with the icons on it. - and I'm like " ugh". It took some getting used to, and I haven't tried every app to see if it works. But so far I'm liking it. The COLORS! make me feel I'm in Sonic Colors for the Wii tho. But I gotten used to it, I do love the FONT. Many improves over the one we had for so... freaking... long. My fav. is the lock screen changes and the dailer. Instant love from me.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
People got to realize that os7 that everyone is using now will be different than what apple will bring out you won't have the same problems

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox