Battery life on iPhone 5

g_gore

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How's your batt life with iOS7 GM on iPhone 5????

I installed it today, installed all app from scratch, checked background app settings and other settings, and it seams that OS is eating through my battery constantly. Within an hour of standby (phone not used, received few notifications) it lost 3% of battery. When in use online (email, facebook, tapatalk) I went through 7% of battery in 15 mins.

Is it something common? Or my system hasn't "settled down" properly yet. Anything you'd suggest to do to help it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. I took my iPhone 5 off the charger about an hour ago before driving my daughter to school and I am still at 100%. Granted, I haven't done much with it yet except read and reply to a few posts, read a couple of email messages and sent a few article from my RSS feed to Instapaper to be read later.

Photo Sep 12, 9 30 24 AM.png

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
IMG_1500.PNG
average battery life I guess. Charged it before bed last night and it lasted me about 6 hours at school mostly on LTE, using facebook, instagram, four square check ins, twitter, weather, email, texting. Then used it at the gym for music about an hour 30mins. I restored it from my IOS 6 backup, didnt wanna start new and lose everything.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
With the Gold Master I installed the ipsw as new (well, restore rather than update), then restored from iCloud.

Wanted to clear out any bugs from the beta.

My battery life is great.

I did notice the battery life on my iPad 2 became terrible (-20%/hr), but realized I'd re-installed the Podcasts app and it had filled up the free space. Once I freed up 2-3 gigs, battery life became good again.

So check your free space, maybe?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh