Apple makes iMovie and iPhoto free for new iOS 7 device purchases???

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Apple should have made the apps free for all devices eligible to be upgraded to iOS 7, in my opinion.

So this won't be free until you turn on a brand new 5s or 5C or I assume a device that has not been registered with apple ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

alsource

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
But when you do a fresh restore,iTunes activates your iPhone again...so if I do a full restore to iOS 7,will I get them? (it even says "Activating iPhone,this make take a few minutes - or something like that)...
Really confused,Apple should make them free for all or release a new statement which describes the situation better.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I feel your pain. But they are doing this to boost there sales.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2 pro

Yeah, I suppose, but I guess I'm underestimating the amount of people who actually use their iPhone for word processing, spreadsheet and presentations.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So this won't be free until you turn on a brand new 5s or 5C or I assume a device that has not been registered with apple ?

​That is my understanding at this time...:)

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Heh, heh.

Because, however good the 'idea' of being able to sync between devices and/or a real computer, the iWorks Suite is about as relevant to a majority of the business community (and just plain folks) as producing/saving things in Clarisworks or Microsoft Works. And assuming that iCloud is up and running or that Apple doesn't get bored with that online service - as they've done in the past.

Same holds true for Google Drive, BTW, but at least Google didn't make it pay to play on their Android OS.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I suppose, but I guess I'm underestimating the amount of people who actually use their iPhone for word processing, spreadsheet and presentations.

I am only a sample size of one, but as a public school teacher I make extensive use of these functions.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have iMovie for their iPhone? Is it a cool app, or is it hard to use on the 4 in screen?

I have iMovie on my 4S and it's not really hard to use but it could be a lot easier if the screen was wider. I think that would carry over to the 4" screen as well since it's not really any wider.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I feel your pain. But they are doing this to boost there sales.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2 pro

No it will be done during the setup process where somewhere around here there is a screenshot I posted showing that during setup it will pop up, you hit one button and it will download everything in one sweet package.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
No it will be done during the setup process where somewhere around here there is a screenshot I posted showing that during setup it will pop up, you hit one button and it will download everything in one sweet package.

I hope I can setup as new and download lol

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Copied straight from apple's site:

"iPhoto, iMovie, Keynote, Pages and Numbers are free on the App Store for qualifying iOS 7 compatible devices activated after September 1, 2013. See www.apple.ca/ios/whats-new/ for iOS 7 compatible devices. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID"

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Copied straight from apple's site:

"iPhoto, iMovie, Keynote, Pages and Numbers are free on the App Store for qualifying iOS 7 compatible devices activated after September 1, 2013. See www.apple.ca/ios/whats-new/ for iOS 7 compatible devices. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID"

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

That's the key "activated " so no matter if you restore your device has already been activated

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riad1973