What are your impressions of iOS 7?

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having problems with the play button either on the lock screen or on control center when the device is locked. Sometimes it seems like it times out and I have to unlock my phone and get into the application actually push play.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The longer I'm on iOS 7 the more I like it. It's so smooth. Especially like control center, notification center, multitasking and iTunes Radio.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So far I like it since I always like a new system and that's what it feels like. I downloaded it this morning so we'll see how I feel once the honeymoon is over. My biggest complaint is the white background. I like more contrast. Other than that, it seem to be ok and I don't see very much to praise or complain about.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I set it to the canned dark stars wallpaper in the settings and that helped a lot for the main screen. Now the items are white on black. Still annoying that I had to go away from my wallpaper i liked.

In terms of the firmware, I'm Meh so far. Not earthshattering good, not earthshattering bad, but annoyed at being forced to use the podcast app...

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having problems with the play button either on the lock screen or on control center when the device is locked. Sometimes it seems like it times out and I have to unlock my phone and get into the application actually push play.

Not that I've noticed. I'm able to start/stop/fast forward/etc. at the lock screen, doing multiple podcasts and mp3's. Control Center works for me as well when the phone is unlocked. But I turned it off in the lock screen due to that security hole, so I can't say on the control center in the lock screen (other than it worked ok for the little while I had it active).

Cheryl Sheehy

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's ok, but I was wondering if anyone using the ipad 3 has issues with the calendar not displaying Christmas, Easter, etc.? I have the USA calendar checked for it to show all us holidays.....

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
it took me awhile to get used to the new way of doing things but after a few hours I have grown used to it! I actually like it better than iOS 6.

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Not that I've noticed. I'm able to start/stop/fast forward/etc. at the lock screen, doing multiple podcasts and mp3's. Control Center works for me as well when the phone is unlocked. But I turned it off in the lock screen due to that security hole, so I can't say on the control center in the lock screen (other than it worked ok for the little while I had it active).

I've run into this when listening with headphones and just unplugging them to stop play. When I plug back in and push play it won't work.

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
iOS7 on my iPhone5 still seems not a complete release, there are many minor but annoying glitches that interrupt the usually very smooth iOS user experience.
I praise and much appreciate the new features and refreshed graphics of this new OS but I also think that Apple should very quickly fix some beta release type bugs.
This is what I consider the most annoying:
1) Double clicking for the multitasking view will bring up the new version of the previously opened apps but quickly swiping the list will almost every time result in a stuttering right to left scrolling that results in a time consuming and annoying wait.
2) Unlocking the phone will show the animation that brings the icons from outward to correct position on the screen but this takes too long. Every time I'm finding myself waiting for the animation to end so I can swipe from right to left and reveal the apps I need.
3) The contacts app, especially when editing a contact is stuttery and glitchy.
4) Most apps don't seem as responsive as on iOS6 and most of them (even the Apple ones) don't seem to register touches as well as before. (Safari and photos for example).

Do you have the same impressions of use?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
iOS7 on my iPhone5 still seems not a complete release, there are many minor but annoying glitches that interrupt the usually very smooth iOS user experience.
I praise and much appreciate the new features and refreshed graphics of this new OS but I also think that Apple should very quickly fix some beta release type bugs.
This is what I consider the most annoying:
1) Double clicking for the multitasking view will bring up the new version of the previously opened apps but quickly swiping the list will almost every time result in a stuttering right to left scrolling that results in a time consuming and annoying wait.
2) Unlocking the phone will show the animation that brings the icons from outward to correct position on the screen but this takes too long. Every time I'm finding myself waiting for the animation to end so I can swipe from right to left and reveal the apps I need.
3) The contacts app, especially when editing a contact is stuttery and glitchy.
4) Most apps don't seem as responsive as on iOS6 and most of them (even the Apple ones) don't seem to register touches as well as before. (Safari and photos for example).

Do you have the same impressions of use?

I don't. But it sucks that you are having these problems. Mine seems to be smoother with iOS 7 than it was before. Maybe try resetting the phone?

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
After running iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 for the past week, I can say without a doubt that I really like it. Apple did a great job with this update.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
After running iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 for the past week, I can say without a doubt that I really like it. Apple did a great job with this update.

I am thinking exactly the same thing, Rose. I love this thing... I have upgraded my iPhone 5, my iPad 2, my iPad Mini, my wife's iPhone 5 and her iPad 3... not a single glitch on any of them. And my new 5S is pretty awesome, too.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So, tomorrow late afternoon will be exactly 1 week since I've upgraded my 4S to iOS7. I'm really, really loving it by far. I love the way the apps just "glide" in and out from one to another when switching. iTunes radio is DA'BOMB !! Much thanks for that Apple !! The control center is such a convienence....idk how I managed on previous iOS' without. The new rings tones & wallpapers added in...need I say more on that, lol ! The new filter options in the camera are a nice addition....I could go on & on but I won't :p

The ONLY thing that just tweaks my melon, is the all day events got taken out of showing up in the notification center. I have a certain event set for every Wednesday, that on Tues would show up in the noti center(ios6) to 'refresh' my memory of it. Now, just a note at the bottom of the noti center on iOS 7 telling me I have an all day event planned for tomorrow. YUK ! I'd like to see Apple put back the all day events showing back in the noti center. I will be writing in my feedback to Apple on this indeed because it really is the ONLY thing that bugs me.

I was planning on eventually getting the 5C, but now that iOS 7 has breathed freshness into my 4S, I think I'm going to hold off for a while !! I've always love the build of the 4S, so it would've been bittersweet if I did upgrade:) happy enough right now to not even worry about it anymore !!

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Apps crashing are on the app developers to fix, not Apple. Annoying to be sure though?

But Settings crashing is not on the developers. And I'm pretty sure other apps crashing has got more to do with Apple than you think.

Do want to point out that I love iOS 7 and am very glad it came. Well worth the wait.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So, tomorrow late afternoon will be exactly 1 week since I've upgraded my 4S to iOS7. I'm really, really loving it by far. I love the way the apps just "glide" in and out from one to another when switching. iTunes radio is DA'BOMB !! Much thanks for that Apple !! The control center is such a convienence....idk how I managed on previous iOS' without. The new rings tones & wallpapers added in...need I say more on that, lol ! The new filter options in the camera are a nice addition....I could go on & on but I won't :p

The ONLY thing that just tweaks my melon, is the all day events got taken out of showing up in the notification center. I have a certain event set for every Wednesday, that on Tues would show up in the noti center(ios6) to 'refresh' my memory of it. Now, just a note at the bottom of the noti center on iOS 7 telling me I have an all day event planned for tomorrow. YUK ! I'd like to see Apple put back the all day events showing back in the noti center. I will be writing in my feedback to Apple on this indeed because it really is the ONLY thing that bugs me.

I was planning on eventually getting the 5C, but now that iOS 7 has breathed freshness into my 4S, I think I'm going to hold off for a while !! I've always love the build of the 4S, so it would've been bittersweet if I did upgrade:) happy enough right now to not even worry about it anymore !!

I'm with you Pink. I'm really enjoying iOS 7 as well. I was thinking of upgrading to a 5S this fall, but I love my 4S. I might hold off for awhile.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal