iOS7 b6 issues downloading apps, says waiting

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Just recently I have had issues downloading apps on my iP5 iOS7b6. Apps just stay on my home screen, faded out, saying "waiting..." I have tried a normal reset, a hard reset, signing in and out of iTunes. What else can I try to get these apps to finish downloading?

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS7 b6 issues downloading apps

I have auto updates turned off. I haven't messed with settings in a long while and I had no issues yesterday. This just started today.

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I've had this same issue for two days now. I let it sit, and the app was eventually installed.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Use iTunes to check for/download app updates then sync to the phone.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site

Downloaded and installed via MacBook and then used the apps I installed. Went back to use app again and it now says WAITING. Makes no sense at all lol.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Downloaded and installed via MacBook and then used the apps I installed. Went back to use app again and it now says WAITING. Makes no sense at all lol.

Tap on the apps that say waiting on the home screen, they should start downloading.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site

On the very few times it happened to me, I did as I noted above...

Yeah I had that issue on beta 1-2 maybe but since then it has been very very stable. This just happened again yesterday or the day before after running beta 6 since release. Can't pin point it.

I loaded the apps from iTunes on my MacBook and used them. The next thing I know the apps all reverted to waiting as if I downloaded them from the App Store. So how can the app "revert" to waiting when I installed in from iTunes? Very very strange and different than the original not updating bug.

Daniel Wilson2

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Ever since beta. 6 came out any app I download just sits there waiting, all greyed out.... But the minute I connect to Wi-Fi it will download them.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Ever since beta. 6 came out any app I download just sits there waiting, all greyed out.... But the minute I connect to Wi-Fi it will download them.
Go to Settings>> Cellular - scroll to apps section, and see if AppStore is turned on or not... there is a size limitation though to keep you from blowing through any data cap on your plan and blaming Apple for app updates causing you overage charges... :)

dollabillwill

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
This worked on my iphone after weeks of not working: download a free sample from iBooks then go to the App Store and try updating your apps. It works!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711