ios 7 -> 6 downgrade, now screen flickers

Noel O

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I just made a big mistake: I upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 7 from a ipsw I found on a pirate site. To cut a long story short I could not use it as I'm not an Apple developer,
so I downgraded it back to 6.1.4, then restored from backup, all my apps were lost, which I could live with. At least all my settings were back to normal.

There's only one problem: the screen is now flickering. It's bareable but still annoying and I want to get rid of it if possible.

My 2 cents: I DON'T recommend upgrading to iOS 7 until it's been generally tested at latge by the public. I read some horror stories about it

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Many people have updated to the iOS 7 beta and have downgraded back to iOS 6 without problems. Is it possible that the the copy you downloaded was tampered with? If I were you, I'd put the device in DFU mode and restore it as new, not from a backup. See if the screen continues to flicker afterwards. I doubt it will. By the way, please refrain from mentioning piracy here in the forums. Thanks.

Noel O

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
The flicker is gone now and the phone is back to normal. The flicker gradually disappeared over a period of about an hour. Very odd.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR