Dynamic Wallpapers

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I googled but didn't come up with much. Has there been any talk about whether Apple will allow third party developers to create and sell live wallpapers via the App store?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard or come across anything in this regard, but I'd like to think that there will be 3rd-party live wallpapers at some point available to us via the App Store.

denis_brown11

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I also haven't heard about that the third party selling their live wallpapers in apple store. But if you want some exiting apps and wallpapers beyond apple store, you can jail break your iphone and explore it beyond the limits.

The only thing that I want to warn you is about using reliable software so that you don’t land up in trouble. There are countless applications that claim to jailbreak your device within a few minutes but not all of them are good. Before choosing any of them, do a little research and find out the customer reviews or feedback to know its utility.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I also haven't heard about that the third party selling their live wallpapers in apple store. But if you want some exiting apps and wallpapers beyond apple store, you can jail break your iphone and explore it beyond the limits.

The only thing that I want to warn you is about using reliable software so that you don’t land up in trouble. There are countless applications that claim to jailbreak your device within a few minutes but not all of them are good. Before choosing any of them, do a little research and find out the customer reviews or feedback to know its utility.

Yeah, I honestly miss my jailbreak at times. I gave it up when I decided to utilize my developer account to install IOS 7. I often say that I found a lot of the customization on Android to be overrated, but I did dig some of the live wallpapers they offered. Especially with fall around the corner. I loved the ones with animated leaves falling, pumpkins, haunted houses, etc.

The little things....

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
In my Android loving days I thought live wallpapers were the coolest thing ever, especially interactive ones. I liked showing my Apple-using friends what my phone could do that theirs could not.

....that is, until I realized how much it drained battery life. That, and the 'wow' factor quickly faded as I preferred to be actually using my device vs. just staring at the home screen all the time (same could be said for widgets as well).

That's probably part of the reason why Apple hasn't included it in their devices yet.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner