Voice mail

MarisaKaye72

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPhone 5. I would like to upgrade to iOS7 but I have a voice mail on my phone that I can't lose. It's from my recently deceased mother. I have tried several programs and haven't been able to to save the voice mail to my computer. I have an IT friend who is going to help me with it. Will I lose my voice mails if I upgrade?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I always thought voicemails were primarily kept on your wireless carrier's servers until we deleted them or a certain timeframe has passed. I mean, how else could we access our voicemail from a non-mobile device. Try calling your wireless carrier and see if they can do anything from their end or provide a suggestion. Anyway, is it possible for you to record the message onto a digital recorder of some sort. I know this is a sensitive matter and in no way am I trying to be insensitive.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to begin by offering my condolences to you. A google search revealed many ways to save voicemails to your computer. By upgrading to IOS 7 you "should not" lose any voicemails. But let's be honest, we read and hear about horror stories all the time where something unexpected goes wrong. That voicemail is obviously very valuable to you, and something that once gone, cannot be replaced. If it were me, I would not be chancing anything, no matter how small that chance, until the voicemail is safely and securely backup up. Best wishes to you.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Play the voicemail into your computer microphone and record it there to save it.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Most carriers offer a service to copy them to disk or file for you for a fee .. Try contacting your carrier

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods