iPhone 5 (iOS 7 beta 6) stuck. Can't do nothing.

samhickmann

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 5 doesn't work anymore.
Was working perfectly since I've upgraded iOS 7 to the beta 6 (about 2 weeks ago).
Suddenly today, it started to reboot, then nothing...

The only solution I have is to reset it but even with the latest version of iTunes 11.1 beta 2 (48), I have the message "Waiting for iPhone" then error 4005, and the phone seems to be in an infinite loop: boot screen with the white apple logo, then blue screen, then black.

See this video (1 minute) for the exact description: Help! iPhone 5 stuck. iOS 7 beta 6 and iTunes 11.1 beta 2 (48) - YouTube

I went to the Genius bar today at the Apple Store in San Francisco but they can't help because iOS 7 has not been released yet.
I called Apple support +1 800 633 21 52 and, after doing all the reboot, restore, DFU sequences, they did drop the ball!

Please help!

PS: I'm a registered Apple developer and my iPhone has never been jailbroken.

hrrslmpk

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 5 doesn't work anymore.
Was working perfectly since I've upgraded iOS 7 to the beta 6 (about 2 weeks ago).
Suddenly today, it started to reboot, then nothing...

The only solution I have is to reset it but even with the latest version of iTunes 11.1 beta 2 (48), I have the message "Waiting for iPhone" then error 4005, and the phone seems to be in an infinite loop: boot screen with the white apple logo, then blue screen, then black.

See this video (1 minute) for the exact description: Help! iPhone 5 stuck. iOS 7 beta 6 and iTunes 11.1 beta 2 (48) - YouTube

I went to the Genius bar today at the Apple Store in San Francisco but they can't help because iOS 7 has not been released yet.
I called Apple support +1 800 633 21 52 and, after doing all the reboot, restore, DFU sequences, they did drop the ball!

Please help!

PS: I'm a registered Apple developer and my iPhone has never been jailbroken.

Hi, I had the same issue it seems to be because of beta 6. But don't panic your phone isn't bricked I know it may seem like it though. What you have to do is turn the phone off COMPLETELY, then connect it to the lightning cable plugged into your wall charger (idk why but you have to), then hold the home and power button to power it back on, then when it powers back on reboot it again, when it reboots wait for the screen to dim then reboot it again, do this 3x and on the last time keep pressing the home button and the power as if you were taking a screen shot, then hold down the power button for like 10-15 sec release and continue to press the power button and then press the home button and good amount, continue to do this until it goes to the lock screen, you'll know it worked when you hear the chime and you'll see then screen shot finally take. I'll try to make a vid to show you exactly what I mean.

samhickmann

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I had the same issue it seems to be because of beta 6. But don't panic your phone isn't bricked I know it may seem like it though. What you have to do is turn the phone off COMPLETELY, then connect it to the lightning cable plugged into your wall charger (idk why but you have to), then hold the home and power button to power it back on, then when it powers back on reboot it again, when it reboots wait for the screen to dim then reboot it again, do this 3x and on the last time keep pressing the home button and the power as if you were taking a screen shot, then hold down the power button for like 10-15 sec release and continue to press the power button and then press the home button and good amount, continue to do this until it goes to the lock screen, you'll know it worked when you hear the chime and you'll see then screen shot finally take. I'll try to make a vid to show you exactly what I mean.

Thanks @hrrslmpk, here is what I understand:
- I connect the iPhone to the lightning cable plugged into the wall charger
- Power it back on: I press and hold HOME + POWER buttons until I see the black apple logo, then I release the HOME and POWER buttons.
- Reboot #1: I press and hold HOME + POWER buttons until I see the black apple logo, then I release the HOME and POWER buttons, but this time I wait for the screen to dim
- Reboot #2: I press and hold HOME + POWER buttons until I see the black apple logo, then I release the HOME and POWER buttons, I wait for the screen to dim
- Reboot #3: I press and hold HOME + POWER buttons until I see the black apple logo, then I release the HOME and POWER buttons, I wait for the screen to dim
- Final: I press and hold HOME + POWER buttons for ever ====> for me, the screen dims to blue, then it goes grey, then black but nothing new.

Then, I tried a different Final: I pressed and hold HOME + POWER for 3 sec, released both, then pressed and hold POWER for 15 sec, released POWER, pressed and hold POWER + POWER. ====> still the same: dim blue, grey, black.

Not sure I do exactly what you wrote because the part where you say "then hold down the power button for like 10-15 sec release and continue to press the power button and then press the home button and good amount" is kind of confusing to me.

cagincet

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
same problem here,

it was working perfectly, all of a sudden the screen went green and connect to itunes logo came.

i connected to itunes, and tried restoring, it returned an error.

when i put it in dfu mode and attempt to restore, it gets stuck on "waiting for iphone", and returns error 4014, 4005.

when i try to switch it on, it shows me the apple logo for 2 seconds, and screen goes green to black, restarts itself, shows apple logo for 2 seconds, then screen goes green to black, and never gets out of this loop.

have you managed to repair it?

lucky for me, i am still covered by the 1 year warranty period.

thanks, have a nice day!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods