Opinion on IOS 7 running on white vs black iphone

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I hesitated posting this because it is purely subjective, but since I am not trying to have anyone "convince" me or "make up my mind" for me, I will run with it. With the 5S coming soon, I am contemplating the white iphone 5S as I have only ever owned the black versions. I have been running IOS 7 on my 5 since beta 1 and I do like the look, however, almost all marketing is showing the white iphone 5 running IOS 7. I am curious if those who have been running IOS 7 on their white iphone feel that the heavy use of white colors/backgrounds looks better vs on the black phone? Vice versa? Again it is a matter of opinion, but I enjoy reading how others feel about things. (I admit that I do have a small degree of concern about the white iphone, combined with the neon colors and heavy whites, looking feminine).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My reply is based only on photos I've seen online, and in my opinion, the iOS 7 home screen looks better on the white iPhone. It doesn't look bad on the black iPhone, by any means. Still, if the rumors are true about the next iPhone (specifically, the 5C) coming in a variety of colors, it's not going to really matter. We will all get used to however it will look on our devices, and won't be giving it a second thought after a while, in my opinion....:)

Last edited:

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
My reply is based only on photos I've seen online, and in my opinion, the iOS 7 home screen looks better on the white iPhone. It doesn't look bad on the black iPhone, by any means. Still, if you the rumors are true about the next iPhone (specifically, the 5C) coming in a variety of colors, it's not going to really matter. We will all get used to however it will look on our devices, and won't be giving it a second thought after a while, in my opinion....:)

I agree D. I certainly don't dislike its look on the black version. Not at all. But in the pictures I've seen of it on the white, it just seems so crisp and clean. I'll be happy either way (or even on the white/gold version perhaps :tongue:).

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I like it on the Black. I have dark contrast wallpapers I have been using.. My most recent one makes everything just pop which to me is great for viewing.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I can only comment based on the pictures that I've seen posted online. While I am partial to the looks of iOS 7 on the White iPhone as that is what I own, I do think iOS 7 looks good on the Black iPhone as well.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
All good points. I currently have a dark background set on my phone as well. Where I truly notice the differences are in the photos app, and the text message app, both of which I am in more than anything else. The white is very apparent in the text/sms app.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I like it on my black iPhone 5, but I'm getting either a white or a gold iPhone 5s...

The white shouldn't look feminine. It's a white bezel and then unanodized metal on the back, no?

If it were, I don't know, magenta or something, maybe it'd look feminine. But white + metal doesn't do that.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If it were, I don't know, magenta or something, maybe it'd look feminine. But white + metal doesn't do that.

lol that is a good point. I think what throws me off is it always seems like nearly every mirror shot taken with an iphone on facebook, instagram, tumblr etc by a female is with the white version. That's fine though. I need something different. 5 straight generations of black iphones needs to get switched up.

Plus, I think I want to finally roll with a naked iphone and I think the silver bezel will hold up better. The area on my black 5 where a case doesn't cover is nicked big time and I am not abusive towards my phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I like it on my black iPhone 5, but I'm getting either a white or a gold iPhone 5s...

The white shouldn't look feminine. It's a white bezel and then unanodized metal on the back, no?

The white iPhone 5, at least in my opinion, does not look feminine, but I do think and have stated as much here in the forum that the white iPhone 4 & 4S do, but that's based on "my" view.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
There are two iPhone 5's in my house. One white and one black. Both loaded with iOS 7.

I have to say, I slightly prefer the white one for iOS 7. The whiteness of iOS 7 suits the white iPhone very well. It kind of feel sort of umm, uniform ;)

Though there's one thing that can somewhat bother me on the white version sometimes. The super clear white of the body can sometimes make the white on the screen to look tinted yellow or blue or something. Depending on the light. If there's strong light on the body the white on the screen can appear a tad awkward. I find this is not the case for the black one. So the whites of the white iPhone can look a little bad at times. Like the white balance is off.

Though the overall sexyness of the white one kind of makes up for that minor annoyance. Today I kind of prefer the white one overall. Though iOS 7 looks great on the black one too.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree that you can go with a dark image for your wallpapers. I am referring to items that are hard coded such as albums, messages, contacts, dialer, etc. No big deal. Looks great either way. Just wanted to point out these are more of the premise for my post.

Iphone 1.png Iphone 2.png Iphone 4.pngIphone 5.png

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I hesitated posting this because it is purely subjective, but since I am not trying to have anyone "convince" me or "make up my mind" for me, I will run with it. With the 5S coming soon, I am contemplating the white iphone 5S as I have only ever owned the black versions. I have been running IOS 7 on my 5 since beta 1 and I do like the look, however, almost all marketing is showing the white iphone 5 running IOS 7. I am curious if those who have been running IOS 7 on their white iphone feel that the heavy use of white colors/backgrounds looks better vs on the black phone? Vice versa? Again it is a matter of opinion, but I enjoy reading how others feel about things. (I admit that I do have a small degree of concern about the white iphone, combined with the neon colors and heavy whites, looking feminine).

I’ve kind of been thinking the same thing of late... I do like the way iOS 7 looks on a black iPhone, but I am still toying with the idea of getting a while iPhone 5s... I really like the way it looks with iOS 7 in all of the ads/promos/etc.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve kind of been thinking the same thing of late... I do like the way iOS 7 looks on a black iPhone, but I am still toying with the idea of getting a while iPhone 5s... I really like the way it looks with iOS 7 in all of the ads/promos/etc.
In the end I think it comes down to personal preference as iOS 7 should look great on both the White and Black version. I was thinking about getting the Black unlocked 5S upon release since I've had a White iPhone for almost a year now.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I like that they have changed the boot screen in the later betas so that on the white phone it's white background and black apple and vice versa.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73