IOS 7 Dummy Question Thread

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
6 Month Newbie iOS user here wanting some clarification on this major update.

I've been reading up here on imore on everything related to iOS7 and will have a few Questions like how many of my downloaded apps paid and free will work before a Dev update and how many paid apps will I have to buy all over again if anyone has any past knowledge they can share would be much appreciated. Will icloud automatically hold back any unsupported apps like we experienced during the major webOS 1.- to 2.- software update?????

Sent from my iPhone 5

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
6 Month Newbie iOS user here wanting some clarification on this major update.

I've been reading up here on imore on everything related to iOS7 and will have a few Questions like how many of my downloaded apps paid and free will work before a Dev update and how many paid apps will I have to buy all over again if anyone has any past knowledge they can share would be much appreciated. Will icloud automatically hold back any unsupported apps like we experienced during the major webOS 1.- to 2.- software update?????

Sent from my iPhone 5

The answer is, simply put, "we don’t know". The Apple App Store does not have the ability for "upgrade pricing", so developers are left with 2 options: (1) continue supporting/enhancing/tweaking the existing app and offer free upgrades to all users who have previously purchased the app; or (2) scrap the old app, rewrite it with a new name (myApp becomes myApp2, for example), and users then have the choice of upgrading (purchasing as new) the new app or not. So it’s up to the developer how he chooses to proceed, and the answer to your original question is "we don’t know".

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Question will I loose all the progress with Siri I gained so far?

Sent from my iPhone 5

Good question. This will depend if your Apple ID is tied to Siri requests, which I doubt. You'd probably lose them. I bet Siri is getting smarter but it's generally anonymized data, so not tied to you. Siri, in theory, gets smarter for you, every time anyone uses it.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums app

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Question how much bigger is iOS 7 compared to iOS 6.1.4 ?

Sent from my iPhone 5

My very unscientific guess is about 33% bigger... based on simple downloads. The iOS 6.1.3 ipsw for the iPhone 4S is 920MB... the iOS 7 beta 6 ipsw for the iPhone 4S is 1230MB - a difference of 310MB or roughly equal to 1/3 of the 6.1.3 ipsw file size. Understand that these file sizes are rounded off, and the .ipsw file size is not directly translatable to storage usage on any device... but that seems like a good guess to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73