Mac not seeing iPhone 5 since iOS 7 beta 5

illusionist987

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this. I am having issues with my mac not seeing my iPhone 5 (current beta). When I connect to my mac neither iTunes or iPhoto sees

my iPhone but it does charge it. Ive tried every solution and can't get my mac to see it. Ive tried everything short of DFU mode and downgrading to ios 6 however I dont want to do that unless im sure my mac will see it.... not trying to brick my device. Anyone else having syncing issues or issues with their beta device being recognized by their mac?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
swap cables... Reboot the phone... and the computer... try a different USB port on the computer... if you're going through a USB hub - don't...

illusionist987

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded the beta and was able to sync but i wanted to check to see if the mac was recognizing my phone so i switched off wifi on my mbp and the iphone disappeared. I now want to go back to iOS 6 completely and do a fresh restore and am backing up my photos to dropbox. Question is am I going to have issues restoring to ios 6 with the current beta installed for iTunes? Downgrading iTunes seems to be a bit of an issue in mountain lion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice