Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree41Likes
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    3,732 Global Posts

Default Re: How can an OS be boring?

Quote Originally Posted by sejgiul View Post
    I know a lot of work has gone into improving ios further. But the issue at hand here is the lack of innovation. A new design is nice and will make your device feel like new again for a while, but I believe more can be done to improve the experience. The pages full of apps for example, why can't something more innovative be done? An informative page would be far more useful in my eyes, then swipe to the right to access your apps.

I just think overall, it could be made less boring...

Like you say though, everyone has their own opinion

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    You know where the old spot light page resided? I wish Apple would put a blink feed alternative there, it would be amazing!
    sejgiul likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    You know where the old spot light page resided? I wish Apple would put a blink feed alternative there, it would be amazing!
    Exactly!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    anon5664829 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

I just want my OS to be stable and fast and get out of the way of my apps whether on a phone or PC. I'm ok with the current look and feel and ok with iOS 7 look and feel because I spend very little time staring at the OS. I'm always in an app doing something.
    pr1nce likes this.

I'm fine with the current look. iOS7 will freshen it up and that'll be great too. I want my OS to be stable. I want it to allow me to be productive daily and get things done.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts

The fact that the question is even asked suggests Apple has got to significantly step up it's game.

Apple has been many things, but the moniker 'Boring' was left, in the opinion of the company and it's fans, to that monolithic monster Microsoft, its OS and those who supplied it with programs. Apple was the home of the 'Insanely Great' and 'One More Thing' - producing sector-creating and defining, cool looking (if not always entirely well-tested) devices and their OSs.

But now Apple has become the monolith (even with the drop in Mac sales each quarter) it once derided and its OSs now boast some fairly gimmicky apps - and while it seems that it will look and (marginally) behave differently, even if you allow for some 'maturity' in the marketplace (there's only so many things a smartphone can / should do), its pretty much the same product that came out in 2007.

That's Boring.
    sejgiul likes this.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #56  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

I agree there's stuff I wish apple would do, like put out a larger phone like the galaxy line because it'd be easier for me to read, make a similar keyboard to the blackberry Z10 so typing would be faster and more accurate, and allow us to send any kind of attachment in an email and have a files app, but all that aside I'm never bored with my phone. Between the music, the movies, the books and the web, I've always got something to do to kill time. I'm never bored.

saying the phone is "boring" to me just doesn't say much. I prefer specifics. what do you want and why?
    Fausty82 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

A physical keyboard?!?!? No way IMO.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

I tried going back to a physical kb after using a touch for a while. I found I type faster now. What's most important on a touch though is good predictive feature or whatever it's called lol. But I know it comes down to personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #59  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

the Z10 doesn't have a physical keyboard.

here read this part of an article on the Z10's keyboard:

from Market News: "So what's to like? First, the Z10 learns from your typing. If you tend to hit "d" when you want "s," it remembers this: In fact, there's a hidden, second-layer keyboard under the one you see, remapped to your typical patterns. You'll never mistype "Bernanke" again.

Other cool things this software can do: It suggests the next word you want and lets you "flick" these from the keyboard into your typing. And, again, it can learn from your history. So if a Trekkie types "Live," it'll automatically suggest "long" "and" "prosper" in succession.

People just love this virtual keyboard -- including AllThingsD's Walt Mossberg.

"For a one-finger typist like me, it was faster and more accurate than either of the native keyboards on the iPhone or Android (GOOG)," Mossberg says."

Market News

The Z10 doesn't have a physical keyboard.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

Default How can an OS be boring?

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    The Z10 doesn't have a physical keyboard.
    Yup, just realized that. Im a knuckle head. I guess I always associate bb's with physical kb Sorry
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

I was thinking q10

Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts#WP View Post
    I was thinking q10
    No problem. Have a nice night.
    iMore Beginner

IOS can be boring for me. Using an iPad 2, which is compatible with IOS 7, will only get less features unlike OS 6.
    Siri was one of the nicest features every IOS phone can do, even Siri can be unreliable.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123