Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

Default After Installing iOS 7 on an iPhone 4s, Can I Revert Back To iOS 6?

I am looking to install the latest beta on my 4s.

Can I revert back to iOS 6? the Sticky for the tut does not display anything using IE9 and Chrome. If the link was working, I wouldnt be asking this question. thanks!

Global Posts
    12,103 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default re: After Installing iOS 7 on an iPhone 4s, Can I Revert Back To iOS 6?

Yes, you can revert. Link is fine for me...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default re: After Installing iOS 7 on an iPhone 4s, Can I Revert Back To iOS 6?

I installed it yesterday and I think that ios 7 might be a little too much for the A5. Sometimes the in-app buttons are a little slow or unresponsive. Otherwise, I think ios 7 is great.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: After Installing iOS 7 on an iPhone 4s, Can I Revert Back To iOS 6?

Is it safe to install ios7 on iphone 4s? I am a new user so can i install it myself? Please suggest as i am new and don't want to lose my iphone ��
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by syeDa arisHa View Post
    Is it safe to install ios7 on iphone 4s? I am a new user so can i install it myself? Please suggest as i am new and don't want to lose my iphone ��
    It will be as soon as Apple releases it to the public... Watch the Apple event on 09/10 for more information about available.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

You can revert back just fine to ios 6. I installed the beta and later reverted back to ios 6 which i liked better. I used the tutorial and reverted back with no issues at all. One note, i thought i read that if you back up to icloud under ios 7 those backups couldn't be restored in ios 6 if you went back to ios 6. For that reason i disabled icloud backup as soon as i installed the ios 7 beta and never backup up to icloud.