iOS 7 Dev Beta 6 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iOS 7 Developer Beta 6 out via OTA at this time...

To update from Beta 5 just go to Settings - General - Software Update - Download & Install

[NOTE]To report any bugs not mentioned in the Notes and Known Issues section, use the Apple Bug Reporter on the Apple Developer website (http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/). Additionally, you may discuss these issues and iOS SDK 7.0 in the Apple Developer Forums:http://devforums.apple.com. To get more information about iCloud for Developers, go to http://developer.apple.com/icloud.
[/NOTE]

[INFO]
  • Be sure to backup your devices using iTunes 11 or later or through iCloud backup prior to installing iOS beta. After installing iOS beta, you can restore your device using either iTunes 11 or later through your iCloud backup.
  • To determine the proper download for your iPhone 5, click here. To determine the proper download for your iPad (4th generation) or iPad mini, click here.
  • This version of iOS is intended only for installation on development devices registered with Apple's Developer Program. Attempting to install this version of iOS in an unauthorized manner could put your device in an unusable state, which could necessitate an out of warranty repair.
[/INFO]

Use this thread for findings and discussion.

Thanks

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded and installed. It seems to be a single bug fix for iTunes in the Cloud which would download and play things unexpectedly. Seem we're very close to the GM version now.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded and installed. Don't see much of difference since it was such a small file. The unlock sound still gone.

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The issue of PDFs of my local paper's e-edition persists... and is broke on Opera browser where it wasn't before...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As reported elsewhere on the internet, the full iOS 7 Beta 6 change log:

Attachments

• iOS 7 B6 Log.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 152

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Might be too early to tell but battery life seems dramatically improved for me. I've been using my phone solidly for 45 minutes and it's still on 100%

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Will test whether that iPad 2 smartcover bug has been fixed yet.

Beta 5 seemed to introduce a bunch of problems, so maybe this will fix some of them?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So the configuration profile link is in dev center but how do you get that installed onto the device?

nashlib

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm unable to install the reset music library config. Any ideas why. I get an invalid profile message on my mac - wonder what i'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 4.57.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 4.57.03 AM.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 223

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi I'm unable to install the reset music library config. Any ideas why. I get an invalid profile message on my mac - wonder what i'm doing wrong.

​Im trying it as well but the instructions in dev center are lousy. Something they are missing there.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Figured how to install the "Configuration Profile" for beta 6. Download it from dev center and then email it to yourself. Then install it from the link in the email. If you don't install this, beta 6 is exactly the same as beta 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro