iOS 7 Problem, PLEASE help!

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,
I just got my iPhone 5 replacement from Apple, the previous one had a faulty lock button. The previous device was ALSO running iOS 7, so once i got this back, i registered the new UDID on my Developer Account, and about two hours later i got Beta 5 downloaded on my computer, but the error i keep getting is the device is not eligible for the requested build, so i tried finding links online and tried putting iOS 7 Beta 3 on it, still the same thing.
Keep in mind this device has never been jailbroken, so i went in to see my host file and this is my host file -

##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
fe80::1%lo0 localhost

# Block Adobe CS4/CS5 Activation
127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 ereg.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate.wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 3dns-3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 3dns-2.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 adobe-dns.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-2.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 ereg.wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 hl2rcv.adobe.com

Nothing links to gs.apple.com and i have tried updating and restoring on two different computers, i've been at this for the past two days now and i'm really frustrated. Can someone PLEASE help me out? :'( i hate iOS 6, no offense.
At the moment, i have Mavericks on my MacBook Pro and my iPhone 5 is on iOS 6.1.4
Any help would be appreciated,

BombSurvivor

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello

Do you have the correct version of the iOS 7 Beta 5? I know there are two different models of iPhone 5 (GSM), and you have to get the correct file to install it. The models are A1428 and A1429.
You can know your iPhone 5 model by looking at the number printed in the back of the phone, next to the legend "Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China."

Then you can use iTunes to install the downloaded file, previously extracting the ipsw file.

Hope this helps!

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,
I just got my iPhone 5 replacement from Apple, the previous one had a faulty lock button. The previous device was ALSO running iOS 7, so once i got this back, i registered the new UDID on my Developer Account, and about two hours later i got Beta 5 downloaded on my computer, but the error i keep getting is the device is not eligible for the requested build, so i tried finding links online and tried putting iOS 7 Beta 3 on it, still the same thing....
Nothing links to gs.apple.com and i have tried updating and restoring on two different computers, i've been at this for the past two days now and i'm really frustrated. Can someone PLEASE help me out? :'( i hate iOS 6, no offense.
At the moment, i have Mavericks on my MacBook Pro and my iPhone 5 is on iOS 6.1.4

1. Make sure that you registered the exact right UDID -- maybe you were a character off, and that burned it and you'll have to do it again?
2. Has it been long enough since you did register your UDID? (You said two days. Probably.)
3. Failing that, if your hosts file isn't what it should be, try finding someone else's host.file on a new iPhone and see if anything is different?

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
1. Make sure that you registered the exact right UDID -- maybe you were a character off, and that burned it and you'll have to do it again?
2. Has it been long enough since you did register your UDID? (You said two days. Probably.)
3. Failing that, if your hosts file isn't what it should be, try finding someone else's host.file on a new iPhone and see if anything is different?

I checked my UDID, it's exactly as it is on iTunes.

I honestly don't know what to do. I've tried forcefully putting gs.apple.com and stuff but nothing seems to work :'(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I checked my UDID, it's exactly as it is on iTunes.

I honestly don't know what to do. I've tried forcefully putting gs.apple.com and stuff but nothing seems to work :'(

Bad luck.

It's either something incredibly simple that you'll kick yourself over once you figure it out, or something is very, very wrong.

Have you tried totally wiping your phone, going into DFU mode, reinstalling iOS 6.1.4 totally fresh, and _then_ trying the upgrade again? That's the only possible tactic I've got left for a situation like that.

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried replacing the host file using the one from my old Mac, (I had the original as a copy) but that didn't work either :'( I honestly don't know where I'm going wrong. The update goes up till verifying and then shows the error.
It's funny how this didn't happen on my old iPhone, but it is on this new replacement. :/

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
So i tried putting "# 17.151.36.30 gs.apple.com" in my hosts file, and the results were again, unsuccessful. i have no idea whats going wrong with this, gs.apple.com loads a HTML page for me, with links to Apple's website, etc.
i tried putting the device in recovery mode, thinking that would help, but sadly no.

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
i thought re-installing iTunes would help, but that didn't do anything. I don't even know why i don't have any gs.apple.com in my hosts file, because everyone on the internet that has this issue, all links to gs.apple.com and i have nothing related to gs.apple.com in my hosts file.
:'(

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the correct version, as if it wasn't the correct version it would say "Firmware not compatible" i have the A1429 model, so i don't think thats the issue.
Thanks for trying though!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This is for your own developer account, not through someone else's? If so maybe try using the UDID in another device slot.

Also: are you getting the beta direct from Apple?

Also also: have you tried a different USB connection? (Dumb but sometimes it works.)

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
This is for your own developer account, not through someone else's? If so maybe try using the UDID in another device slot.

Also: are you getting the beta direct from Apple?

Also also: have you tried a different USB connection? (Dumb but sometimes it works.)

I tried registering my other iPhone 5, same issue with that.
And yes the Beta 3 is from Apple and Unofficial (I tried both just in case)

And yes, I have tried the other USB port and even a different cable :(

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Weird...not to belabor the point but this is for your OWN developer account, yes? (One that you signed up for and paid the $99 for.) I only ask because the Adobe activation block in your hosts file is often used when using pirated software or demo software they want to keep from expiring. Not accusing you of anything but just trying to get all the facts straight.

Is there an official Apple dev help site? Maybe you'd have luck with a more direct route.

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
hahah yeah, i do have a pirated copy as the original code was lost.. careless me :p
anyway, good news people! i downloaded the IPSW again -.- and well after trying 12 times and cursing my laptop, apple and my phone (no hate) it works and is updating smoothly as we speak.
Thank you EVERYONE who tried to help me out! :D

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
hahah yeah, i do have a pirated copy as the original code was lost.. careless me :p
anyway, good news people! i downloaded the IPSW again -.- and well after trying 12 times and cursing my laptop, apple and my phone (no hate) it works and is updating smoothly as we speak.
Thank you EVERYONE who tried to help me out! :D

Ah, sweet success! The Apple dev portal seems to have buggy/down lately; glad it worked out for you.

cp7

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
I just got my iPhone 5 replacement from Apple, the previous one had a faulty lock button. The previous device was ALSO running iOS 7, so once i got this back, i registered the new UDID on my Developer Account, and about two hours later i got Beta 5 downloaded on my computer, but the error i keep getting is the device is not eligible for the requested build, so i tried finding links online and tried putting iOS 7 Beta 3 on it, still the same thing.
Keep in mind this device has never been jailbroken, so i went in to see my host file and this is my host file -

##
# Host Database
#
##
127.0.0.1 localhost

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 ereg.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate.wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 3dns-3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 3dns-2.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 adobe-dns.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-2.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 ereg.wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 hl2rcv.adobe.com

LOL how is the pirated copy of photoshop running?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
LOL how is the pirated copy of photoshop running?

[WARN]We are now taking a ZERO TOLERANCE to piracy discussion. Discussions regarding the pirating of video games and/or App Store apps for use on jailbroken iPhones will not and can not be tolerated. Any posts containing links and/or discussion of any pirated material will result in a immediate and permanent ban from iMore forums.

Thanks for understanding.[/WARN]

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking-unlocking-hacks-themes-mods/170329-policy-piracy-discussions.html

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

##
# Host Database
#
##
127.0.0.1 localhost

127.0.0.1activate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1ereg.adobe.com
127.0.0.1activate.wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.13dns-3.adobe.com
127.0.0.13dns-2.adobe.com
127.0.0.1adobe-dns.adobe.com
127.0.0.1adobe-dns-2.adobe.com
127.0.0.1adobe-dns-3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1ereg.wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1activate-sea.adobe.com
127.0.0.1wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com
127.0.0.1activate-sjc0.adobe.com
127.0.0.1hl2rcv.adobe.com

All you have to do is install iTunes beta in developer center. Problem solved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR