Email composing issue....

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that, when I try to send an email, it automatically uses my work email address, rather than the email address that I have assigned to the default email address. Is this happening to anyone else? Do you know why and or how to fix this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're composing the message from within your work account, it will use the work account as the sending address, but if you back out of any email account and then compose the message, your default mail account will be used.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're composing the message from within your work account, it will use the work account as the sending address, but if you back out of any email account and then compose the message, your default mail account will be used.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the issue at all. For example, if I go to the App Store and try to email an app to someone, my gmail account that I set as the default account pops up in the "from" field, however, if I add my own email address in the "to" field, it automatically changes the email address to my work email address instead.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the issue at all. For example, if I go to the App Store and try to email an app to someone, my gmail account that I set as the default account pops up in the "from" field, however, if I add my own email address in the "to" field, it automatically changes the email address to my work email address instead.

In trying my best to replicate the issue, following your steps to the letter, but I can't. My default email account displays and maintains itself in the "From" field no matter who I add in the "To" field.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
In trying my best to replicate the issue, following your steps to the letter, but I can't. My default email account displays and maintains itself in the "From" field no matter who I add in the "To" field.

Ah ok then. Thanks for trying. I'm going to try removing the email acct that it keeps adding to the "to" field and add it back and see what happens.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok that did it. I just completely removed my work email address, added it back, and now everything is working as it should

Outstanding, and thank you for the update. Take care, my friend, and enjoy the rest of your day. It's time for me to go running. C-ya!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods