Some truth to late iOS7 Leaks?

What do you think? May there be truth to the leak and may we possibly see widgets in the final vsn?

• Total voters

Cmike04

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Many of you probably remember seeing this leak shortly before the public preview of iOS 7 in June. Shortly after it was debunked with a YouTube video posted showing how it was created. I couldn't help but think though, that with the recent re-design of the settings app icons in iOS 7 betas, that maybe there was some truth to that leak after-all. Some of the Icons that are shown in the leak seem to match exactly (Airplane mode, Bluetooth, Wifi and Do not Disturb) what appear in the new version of the OS. What do you think, any chance that these could have been legit to begin with?
bmrtb67cuaadd1u.png-large.jpg
settings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
i dont really think it is neccessary to have widgets for iphone i think iphone is fine the way it is and with ios7 looks amazing... i had a chance to play around with beta tested version but i change back and just waiting for the official release to be out now

hdtracy

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
As much as I wish it would be true, I doubt it would be.
I did like widgets on the Android phones I've had - but like most things Android, they also were often clunky and slow.
I'd love to someday see Apple's take on widgets.

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
As much as I wish it would be true, I doubt it would be.
I did like widgets on the Android phones I've had - but like most things Android, they also were often clunky and slow.
I'd love to someday see Apple's take on widgets.

Most of the time I never even used them, the only time I would is if they were on my main screen.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
In the time I used Android, and now when I look back at it, I used widgets all the time but not for practical purposes I have learned. I had them for their looks basically. Which was what Android was for me. Customization.

I never really had any use for the widgets now when I think about it. At least not that much that I need them. I used widgets that looked good that is all. I don't miss them the slightest.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
In the time I used Android, and now when I look back at it, I used widgets all the time but not for practical purposes I have learned. I had them for their looks basically. Which was what Android was for me. Customization.

I never really had any use for the widgets now when I think about it. At least not that much that I need them. I used widgets that looked good that is all. I don't miss them the slightest.

You hit the nail on the head dannejanne most of the screen shots I see of Android phones the only widget used is Beautiful Widgets or HD Widgets which are a calendar, time and battery widget. I'm not going to lie I was heavily into changing those weekly and tweaking my home screen but now I could care less and why would I want something so redundant as that anyways when I can just pull down NC to see the weather and calendar events?

As to the main question, nope don't think we'll be seeing it just like many of us are hoping for quick reply but if it wasn't shown at the Keynote most likely we have to wait till next June :'(

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
"Just say NO" :)

I myself don't see the need for widgets. But some do... Having the option would be good for both sides.

But I don't think this is Apple's cup of tea.......

cp7

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't care about widgets, iOS 7 everything except free tethering. Don't think I will be needing a jailbreak any time soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2