iOS 7 Dev Beta 5 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

rohitsingh

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am using an iPad 3. The update went smoothly for me but after that the experience has not really been very good. Here's the details:

1. The OS hung up on me once while browsing through the imore site on safari. Couldn't exit at all. Had to soft reset using power and home button.
2. Its taking a very long time in starting up from completely shut down state.
3. Multi-tasking gestures are random now. Most of the time they work but sometimes simply dont, even repeatedly.
4. This is more like a bug, but the popup that comes when increasing/decreasing volume does not show up when music is playing in the background. (This problem was present in beta4 as well)

I plan on resetting/reflashing the device later today. Hopefully the situation will improve.

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
So far the beta seems to run quickly for me, but the problem I'm having is after I updated to the newest iteration of OS X it's reporting my entire iPhone as being filled with "Other" instead of the delineation of actual media which is truly on there. I'm going to research it a bit today and will see if others are having the issues. If no, I may restore from backup when I get home this evening.

vbroido

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Use this thread for findings and discussion.

Thanks

Sure, here's one finding: the proof that there will be various colors available for the body of the next iPhone.

The value for the key "DeviceColor" returned by the function AMDeviceCopyValue in the MobileDevice framework and which is used to illustrate the device in desktop apps for example
would return 'black' or 'white' with any iOS version prior to the latest iOS Beta 7.

Here's for the credits: DigiDNA Team Blog

MacModder

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me, or is my iPhone taking a heck of a lot of time to boot? It'll boot it down for the night (like I always do) then when I go to boot up in the morning, it takes about 15-20 minutes. ._. I have an iPhone 4S with Beta 5 on it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
My iMessage crashes randomly. It seems to be mostly when I receive a notification and then try to open it from there. The first notification I got after the update got stuck :laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_6695.PNG
    IMG_6695.PNG
    438.9 KB · Views: 70

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced extreme battery drainage issues? I'm currently on iOS 7 beta 5 on an iPhone 4S. I pretty much have everything turned off except wifi.

I've had battery life drain after updating to each beta. You just have to use it like normally the first day and then after that it seems to learn and improve. If you're turning stuff off and using it less it is not learning your usual usage pattern. It's not to say there might not be drainage issue you just have to see.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Sure, here's one finding: the proof that there will be various colors available for the body of the next iPhone.

The value for the key "DeviceColor" returned by the function AMDeviceCopyValue in the MobileDevice framework and which is used to illustrate the device in desktop apps for example
would return 'black' or 'white' with any iOS version prior to the latest iOS Beta 7.

Where's the proof that there will be other colors? there is no mention of other colors in the code like orange, red, blue, etc. It just says that instead of black it returned slate. Since the iPhone 5 is black and slate the updated code would be updated to show slate. I'm not saying there wont be other colors I'm just saying like the link there is no actual proof of the other colors being coded in. So where is the 100% proof?

vbroido

May 14, 2013
Visit site
The image shows that the value returned was not 'slate' but the hex ‘#3b3b3c’... that's not 100% guarantee, but the fact that the value returned was just changed to hex code after having been the same sole 'black/white' for all this time is no coincidence.
Must admit the term 'proof' is an overstatement, though :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The image shows that the value returned was not 'slate' but the hex ‘#3b3b3c’... that's not 100% guarantee, but the fact that the value returned was just changed to hex code after having been the same sole 'black/white' for all this time is no coincidence.

Huh? What does this have to do with iOS 7 information and bug discussion?

Jim Wolsiefer

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having this problem... After updating the Badge on Settings won't clear, still showing the number 1. Select settings shows the 1 on General, select General and Software Update shows 1, select Software Update says iOS 7.0 - Your software is up to date.

Ricardo Chen

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm still can't update apps neither download new apps, have log out and log in Apple ID many times and no luck... Still get stuck con "Waiting..." from yesterday...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

"slate’s in hexadecimal code is #3b3b3c" I think you misread but don't worry I'm also hopeful that there will be other colors. Now as JustMe'D said lets get back to the regular program of this thread :cool:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm still can't update apps neither download new apps, have log out and log in Apple ID many times and no luck... Still get stuck con "Waiting..." from yesterday...

I haven't had any issue yesterday I had two apps that didn't autoupdate but I was able to update them manually. Did you try changing the setting to manual and then reboot the phone and update the apps manually then turn the auto back on? How did you do your upgrade via OTA or ipsw?

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me, or is my iPhone taking a heck of a lot of time to boot? It'll boot it down for the night (like I always do) then when I go to boot up in the morning, it takes about 15-20 minutes. ._. I have an iPhone 4S with Beta 5 on it.

My iPhone 5 takes about 2 minutes to boot on beta 5. It's always booted in like 30 seconds before. I've seen other people report long boot times too. Seems random.

Ricardo Chen

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any issue yesterday I had two apps that didn't autoupdate but I was able to update them manually. Did you try changing the setting to manual and then reboot the phone and update the apps manually then turn the auto back on? How did you do your upgrade via OTA or ipsw?

Updated via ipsw, didn't have this issue with earlier Betas just now with Beta 5, have tried auto and manually with no luck, still "Waiting..." :(

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone 5 takes about 2 minutes to boot on beta 5. It's always booted in like 30 seconds before. I've seen other people report long boot times too. Seems random.

Everybody I have talked to says theirs takes about 2 mins to reboot with mine included. All on iPhone 5. My iPad Mini takes maybe 2-3 minutes as well.

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Just rebooted and timed it. It was 32 seconds from the apple appearing to lock screen.