iOS 7 Dev Beta 5 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

TLO201

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed when you swipe to unlock, the sound isn't there anymore?? I've hard reset and All. Still nothing, all my other sounds do work fine.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed when you swipe to unlock, the sound isn't there anymore?? I've hard reset and All. Still nothing, all my other sounds do work fine.

Same here. I still haven't figured out in getting it back. I thought a hard reset would work but no luck.

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Question: I've installed all the betas so far and always did a clean install of everything, apps included. It gets really tedious... Is it safe/recommended to restore an older "backup" from a ios 6.1.4 for example? Or will some things conflict. Thanks

ZeroT

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
The transparency on the phone search has increased to the point it's unreadable (may depend on your wallpaper image)

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Question: I've installed all the betas so far and always did a clean install of everything, apps included. It gets really tedious... Is it safe/recommended to restore an older "backup" from a ios 6.1.4 for example? Or will some things conflict. Thanks

I wouldn't. I had a LOT of battery drain issues when I restore my 6.1.4 backup to Beta 1. This could be a placebo effect thing, but I will do a backup to iCloud, and then restore from iCloud fresh. It seems to help weed out all the "crap" that old iTunes backups tend to hold on to. I did it when I noticed the battery drain problems, and it immediately fixed everything. It was like night and day. I'll do that when the GM for 7 comes out.

Severus111

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
i messed up my backup of 6.1.4. so lost all my data lol... beta 5 seems to run amazingly smooth on my iphone 5.. i think im going to stick wid dis one... otherwise i usually go back to 6.1.4 after checking out da new beta.. no bugs so far. pretty much faster and smoother den da last beta :D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Wallpaper bug still exists where the picture appears 'zoomed in' and cannot be resized.

Turn off Paralax and your wallpapers will be sized properly. You still can't zoom or move them around though. Now it seems like the zoom in on the image is even worst.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
May be a bug... or may be a new feature...

I don't think it's a new feature it definitely has to do with Paralax yes but when you select an image it says scale and move but you can do neither. They're probably just working on it still hopefully.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

When iOS 7 is official people will do upgrades so when I first started with the betas I sort of simulate the same things to see what bugs pop up. The way I do it and I'm not saying it's right just saying it's what I do. Is I do an option+Restore with the ipsw which wipes the phone and installs the OS. Then I restore from my latest backup which puts back my settings and everything else. I've been restoring since beta 1. Sure I have issues but that is the point of using a beta so when I get them I report it to Apple. This is my daily device and I have been using the beta since beta 1 with my restores so take that for what it's worth. My device is personal so if you need yours for work then you might have issues that you just can't have happen with the phone.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Questions:
1. Anyone notice if they have they solved the issue where embedded album art (that is art inside the actual mp3 file) was sometimes not displayed at all?

2. Anyone have any idea if they will add an option to remove album art from music player lists, like Artists view? With album art in the list you get far fewer entries per screen and makes you scroll a ton more than when you had no art and like 8 artists per page. It be nice to disable this for people like me with large media libraries.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal