Any of you guys know how to skip the activation screen on iDevice's with no S...

Iosnation

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm an owner of an iPad 4, it doesn't have any SIM card in it, because there is no slot for one. I've successfully installed iOS 7 Beta 4 on it, but now i need a Developer Account, and i don't have one:mad:. HELP ME! I'm stuck with the activation screen. I know, I had to restore it before installing the iOS 7, but forgot it and now the iTunes doesn't recognize my iPad. Does that mean the iPad won't work anymore? Or can i restore my iPad by downgrading iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.3?

- Iosnation

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: Any of you guys know how to skip the activation screen on iDevice's with no SIM cards in them?

Just so the thread title doesn't confuse anyone or the OP: the OP's issue is different than the issue
of not being able to get past an activation screen because of a lack of a sim card (primarily the case
on iPhones, not iPads). It's simply the fact that the OP installed beta software without having the UDID
of the device registered under a developer account. Plain and simple.

Iosnation

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Any of you guys know how to skip the activation screen on iDevice's with no SIM cards in them?

It's simply the fact that the OP installed beta software without having the UDID
of the device registered under a developer account. Plain and simple.

It's not really right. I saw videos on youtube and i found how to skip activation screen on iPhone 4/4S/5 with sim cards. You can call Voicemail then quit, and then you'll skip the activation screen. I can't do the same on my iPad and I need help.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

It's not really right. I saw videos on youtube and i found how to skip activation screen on iPhone 4/4S/5 with sim cards. You can call Voicemail then quit, and then you'll skip the activation screen. I can't do the same on my iPad and I need help.

An iPad doesn't have an activation screen because there isn't a sim card installed. That can only
happen on iPhones. Your issue is simply the fact that you can't get past an activation screen be-
cause you installed beta software for a device that doesn't have its UDID registered. You said
yourself that your iPad doesn't even have a sim card slot.

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
When you get back to iOS 6, upon getting an UDID you have to follow similar directions of restoring with iOS 7 but instead use the Update option. By Updating to iOS 7 beat as opposed to restoring to it, there will not be a screen for activation. My iPhone 5 is registered as a developer's device and I get the same issue, same goes for my iPad mini.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2