Activation Lock

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Has apple removed the activation lock option to turn on or off separate from find my iphone?

iOS 7 will bring a greatly enhanced security suite and the find my iDevice will be a standard part of the experience. They are adding lots of new security features and it will all run together as one suite to protect your device and information.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 will bring a greatly enhanced security suite and the find my iDevice will be a standard part of the experience. They are adding lots of new security features and it will all run together as one suite to protect your device and information.
I'm not sure you answered the question or maybe I wasn't clear with my question. In previous betas there was an option to specifically turn off or on activation lock apart from turning on or off find my iPhone by going to settings>iCloud>find my iPhone. Now it seems that the option is no longer there.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure you answered the question or maybe I wasn't clear with my question. In previous betas there was an option to specifically turn off or on activation lock apart from turning on or off find my iPhone by going to settings>iCloud>find my iPhone. Now it seems that the option is no longer there.

I couldn't find it either but it's still active.

Carried by a crow from The Wall.

jadajada

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I am having trouble with this on beta 6. Apple has removed the option to switch "activation lock" off under settings. It is now an automatic part of "Find My iPhone".

I am preparing my iPhone 4 for sale and I have switched off Find my iPhone, signed out from iCloud, resetting the phone while entering my password.

When it boots again it still asks for my password. It has been removed from Find my iPhone from iCloud, but the activation lock is still there.

I have restored the phone to iOS 6, but the problem remains. It can not be activated without my password.

How can I remove it? I can not see how, I think I have done everything there is to try...

Is it a bug in iOS 6? Problems with Apple's servers? Will it not be possible to remove it before iOS 7 goes official?

Right now my phone is "unsellable"...

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I am having trouble with this on beta 6. Apple has removed the option to switch "activation lock" off under settings. It is now an automatic part of "Find My iPhone".

I am preparing my iPhone 4 for sale and I have switched off Find my iPhone, signed out from iCloud, resetting the phone while entering my password.

When it boots again it still asks for my password. It has been removed from Find my iPhone from iCloud, but the activation lock is still there.

I have restored the phone to iOS 6, but the problem remains. It can not be activated without my password.

How can I remove it? I can not see how, I think I have done everything there is to try...

Is it a bug in iOS 6? Problems with Apple's servers? Will it not be possible to remove it before iOS 7 goes official?

Does reverting to a previous version of iOS work???

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

The process is simple – as the soon-to-be-previous owner of that device, you simply log out of your Apple ID account prior to wiping the device. As long as you do so, there will be no prompt for any logon credentials prior to the device being activated for the new user.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2