what's your favourite revamped app in iOS7?

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
hope this thread is legit; I was having a discussion with a friend and tried to pinpoint which of apple's (own) redesigned apps I consider the biggest improvement. I personally struggle to find anything that has changed for the worse, and already dread the idea of downgrading back to iOS6... there's just too many small refinements here and there that really have made me become hooked (aside from the big ones obviously, new notification and control centre).
So, looking at polished/restructured apps such as Messages, Camera, Calendar, Photos, Notes, Reminders, Weather, Maps and so on, which one would you deem the most nifty slash cool slash sensible progression compared to its iOS6 counterpart?
I for one would go with the new photos app, largely by reason of the 'moments'/'collections' structure which Ive really grown fond of, and the 'activity' tab in the shared streams. really sweet and useful for a guy who uses many different streams and now gets them all on one plate. Right behind photos I'd come up with maps. Huge fan although not that much has changed at first sight, for me definitely neck and neck with the photo app. :yes:

so what's your favourite? couldn't really motivate myself to start a poll, probably too early anyway bearing in mind it's just the beta. :)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
hope this thread is legit; I was having a discussion with a friend and tried to pinpoint which of apple's (own) redesigned apps I consider the biggest improvement. I personally struggle to find anything that has changed for the worse, and already dread the idea of downgrading back to iOS6... there's just too many small refinements here and there that really have made me become hooked (aside from the big ones obviously, new notification and control centre).
So, looking at polished/restructured apps such as Messages, Camera, Calendar, Photos, Notes, Reminders, Weather, Maps and so on, which one would you deem the most nifty slash cool slash sensible progression compared to its iOS6 counterpart?
I for one would go with the new photos app, largely by reason of the 'moments'/'collections' structure which Ive really grown fond of, and the 'activity' tab in the shared streams. really sweet and useful for a guy who uses many different streams and now gets them all on one plate. Right behind photos I'd come up with maps. Huge fan although not that much has changed at first sight, for me definitely neck and neck with the photo app. :yes:

so what's your favourite? couldn't really motivate myself to start a poll, probably too early anyway bearing in mind it's just the beta. :)

Probably Safari for me as I love the new design, the way tabs are structured now and the organization of the bookmarks.

The next one would have to be messages, I love the new gesture for going back and the clean design of it as well.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Messages and photos for me .. My least is the calendar

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Messages as that is what I am staring at for the most part. The blue iMessages looks the best. Not quite fond of the regular green actually. Otherwise the photo app for me to as I spend quite some time in there as I take many photos and also edit them. Third place Settings!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Camera app. I love the speed, and the way you can now swipe the entire screen between photo and video mode. Makes so much sense!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Mail for me.
Followed closely by Safari and Camera.
Calendar doesn't really bother me, although I'd absolutely LOVE to see them use the heat-mapping for it like they do on the iPad!

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I think my former runner-up has just clinched the number one spot. How gorgeous is the maps turn by turn navigation? Looks so clean and neat, the 3D buildings that pop up alongside the road make it much easier to instantly get where you are (esp in a big city), the animations are shockingly smooth... good stuff, apple. :rotfl:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW