iOS 7 Dev Beta 4 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having notification issues with this build?

No sound and banners...

I have had some issue with this, purely with text messages received. And it is inconsistent, but several times I have only been alerted to a new message by the badge on the app. No sound, no banner. A reset has not resolved this for me, but it is not bad enough to warrant a re-install in my case.

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having notification issues with this build?

No sound and banners...

I have had issues with this since B1. But my case might be a little different. I do not get reception inside my building. As soon as I walk out the front door my phone is flooded with incoming things. I've just been chalking it up to the phone freaking out with the amount of incoming data. Anywhere away from inside my office notifications have been flawless.

Batting1000

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Just think of the betas as the final build droid. Ooo going to get if for that. Beta 4 is more stable than droid OS. Bring back memory's of my droid crashes and resets. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I think the person meant to consider these iOS 7 betas as the final builds
for Droid devices. Assuming he's speaking of more than one Verizon Droid
device. Anyhow, I had to read that 100 times before I could attempt to tran-
slate it to you.

Glad it wasn’t just me... :)

Translation:

"Just think of the iOS betas as the final build of Android. Oh! I'm going to get it for saying that! Beta 4 is more stable than Android, brings back old memories of when my Droid crashed and restarted. Haha!"

You're welcome. I read it once and understood it... :rolleyes:

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I just have inaccurate bars on 4G but I am rarely on 4G. Just occasion in the office. Mine is accurate on LTE and I am on LTE all other times. I don't see it as a signal issue for me. Phone speeds and everything else are the same. Just inaccurate bars readings when I kick back to 4G at work.

Ya mine actually was at 1x for most of the day. Now in 6.1.4 I get LTE correctly. Signal issues seemed to effect battery on Verizon build.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Ya mine actually was at 1x for most of the day. Now in 6.1.4 I get LTE correctly. Signal issues seemed to effect battery on Verizon build.
I've not noticed any signal differences between beta3 & 4 - both are consistent with 6.1.4 for me... same for battery...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've not noticed any signal differences between beta3 & 4 - both are consistent with 6.1.4 for me... same for battery...

Ya same here 3 and 4 seem the same signal actually seems better on 4 and I'm on Verizon as well

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
On ipad I see weather in the notification center but no weather app ? Am I missing something

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

andykan

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Me too! I really cannot stand that little freeze you have to wait before you can swipe or open any app. Hopefully they amp up the speed before releasing the final version, cause iOS 6 didn't have that issue.

shdwx14

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Me too! I really cannot stand that little freeze you have to wait before you can swipe or open any app. Hopefully they amp up the speed before releasing the final version, cause iOS 6 didn't have that issue.
The little freeze is annoying, hopefully they fix it or get rid of it by the final release. Is anyone else noticing beta 4 rebooting and crashing apps much more frequently than beta 3? Has anyone else not been able to send iMessages and Text Messages today?

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The little freeze is annoying, hopefully they fix it or get rid of it by the final release. Is anyone else noticing beta 4 rebooting and crashing apps much more frequently than beta 3? Has anyone else not been able to send iMessages and Text Messages today?

I have actually noticed less forced reboots in 4 from 3. On 3 I was getting forced reboots 2-3 times a day. Since I've been on 4 I've had maybe 2 forced reboots. As far as apps crashing not much to complain about there. The apps crashing ar not written for iOS7 so can't really complain about those.

iMessage has been working flawless for me since Beta1

mhakhot

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I hope beta 5 please fix dictionary problem.
Now it's always show "No definition found" and "Add dictionaries".
After added, still nothing.

Apple lover.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
what exactly is the issue with iOS 7 beta and the official twitter app?

also, anyone here using Tweetbot with the beta? if so how is it

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Has the orientation lock always been in control center from lock screen? Or did that just happen in Beta4? Either way I just noticed it was there.

guitarplayer16

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 4S

The only bug I can report:

MMS pictures don't send; always ends up with "Not delivered" and "Message Send Failure".
Pictures send through iMessages just fine.

Tried resetting network settings to see if that had anything to do with it, but no luck.

Other than that, everything seems very stable and smooth.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Finally able to upgrade to Beta 4!

Liking it so far. Agree with everyone else about the delay between transitions though, everything seems faster and smoother which only seems to make the delay more noticeable. Though being a Beta I'm sure it'll be corrected before the official release so not too much to worry about.

The official Twitter app is completely unusable this time though

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
what exactly is the issue with iOS 7 beta and the official twitter app?

also, anyone here using Tweetbot with the beta? if so how is it

Tweetbot has had a typing bug on every build of betas. Otherwise, it works fine. Probably can't be fixed until SDK 7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73