iOS 7 Dev Beta 4 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Maybe i'll ask this question because i'm not a developer but i don't understand how can so many things can be screwed up after all thoses years and built a strong iOs 6, they didn't rewrite EVERY single line of the OS... And you can say a lot of things but the major update is graphic.. So don't shoot at me it's just an interrogation, not a critic or something else...

P.S: An iOs 7 beta 4 user

Changing a single line of code can make everything go wrong. They've created an entire new SDK, not just updated the graphics. That is what you see on the front. The major developments are under the hood.

What you're doing is looking at your old blue 4 cylinder Chevy and comparing it to a 6 cylinder red Chevy with built in navigation, OnStar, and backup camera, and only seeing the blue and red.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Maybe i'll ask this question because i'm not a developer but i don't understand how can so many things can be screwed up after all thoses years and built a strong iOs 6, they didn't rewrite EVERY single line of the OS... And you can say a lot of things but the major update is graphic.. So don't shoot at me it's just an interrogation, not a critic or something else...

Just think of the betas as the final build droid. Ooo going to get if for that. Beta 4 is more stable than droid OS. Bring back memory's of my droid crashes and resets. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Clearly, you are not a programmer. It’s doubtful that the folks at Apple rewrote every single line of the OS... but whenever you start rewriting and changing the internals, stuff breaks. The code that makes up iOS (any version) is huge, and complex. There are thousands of "moving parts", and whenever anything is changed, unintended consequences follow. What often times appears to be a simple "tweak" can have major (negative) impact on that or other areas of the code. When redesigning/rewriting an OS, very few of the changes are simple tweaks.

There are new features, a new SDK, and support for new, yet to be introduced hardware, etc. Stuff happens, and that’s why we test, retest, and test again...

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Clearly, you are not a programmer. It?s doubtful that the folks at Apple rewrote every single line of the OS... but whenever you start rewriting and changing the internals, stuff breaks. The code that makes up iOS (any version) is huge, and complex. There are thousands of "moving parts", and whenever anything is changed, unintended consequences follow. What often times appears to be a simple "tweak" can have major (negative) impact on that or other areas of the code. When redesigning/rewriting an OS, very few of the changes are simple tweaks.

There are new features, a new SDK, and support for new, yet to be introduced hardware, etc. Stuff happens, and that?s why we test, retest, and test again...

Thank you! People have no idea the amount of work apple has done with the new ios. What appears simple features to users requires a great deal of backend work. For apple to have accomplish this much changes in the os in few months is truly amazing!!!
I'm not an expert programmer yet but whenever I add a new feature on my existing program, I have to think thru what areas it will have effect on on the existing code and what adjustments are needed to prevent bugs. So you have to re-think about the program as a whole not just adding new lines. Sometimes you don't necessarily see these bugs right away, or what effects it has on other areas which is why there is Beta!

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Been seeing some crazy signal fluctuation with this build... Lot's of 1x's vs were I would normally see 3G or even LTE... Seems the radio does not update as fast..

I'm having the opposite experience... places where I didnt get LTE before, I get it now...

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

When API's in the SDK change, they can cause all kinds of weird behavior. Some of the API's have dependencies, and if even one of these gets broken, then thats one way bugs are created. In development, introducing new code will sometimes have an undesired affect. Thats why all companies beta test before releasing to public.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
just noticed a change on something that was really bugging me, in beta 1,2 and 3 the camera would take a shot as soon as you press the shutter, instead of taking it when the finger is released, this helps a lot in getting better focus when taking pics.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
My alarms haven't gone off since the update. Possibly just happening to me. Verified the usual, still no worky. iOS 6.1.4 back in action.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My alarms haven't gone off since the update. Possibly just happening to me. Verified the usual, still no worky. iOS 6.1.4 back in action.

Yeah try and restore. My alarms have been fine on th i5 and I rely on them everyday to get my **** up for work.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think the person meant to consider these iOS 7 betas as the final builds
for Droid devices. Assuming he's speaking of more than one Verizon Droid
device. Anyhow, I had to read that 100 times before I could attempt to tran-
slate it to you.

Glad it wasn’t just me... :)

SW00BS

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
when ever I try to sign into iMessage it tells me "An error occurred during activation. Try again" I can't get it working. Am I the only one here? I don't see any posts about this.

I can still send text messages so it's not a big deal. I just miss the blue background

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW