Anyone already decided not upgrading to ios 7?

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I know it's really early in beta still but we have a pretty good idea of what ios 7 will look and feel like. I'm 80% sure I'm not going to upgrade my ipad mini to ios 7 when it's released to the public. Anyone like me pretty sure they aren't going to upgrade at all or maybe just not right away?

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
You know I like the features as well, I'm just not feeling the new look. I just really like pre- ios 7 because of how closely it reminds me of Mac OS. And if Mac OS eventually starts looking like ios 7, I don't know what I will do. P.s I really dislike the new safari...

Last edited:

ZeroLeonheart

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Once it's out of beta I'll be more convinced, as it's a beta still the sluggishness of it drives me mad.

I agree. I had Beta 3 on my iPad 3, and I eventually downgraded back to 6.1.3. I really liked it, but I know its a beta and I have no use for having it, other than just checking it out. iOS 6 is like butter compared to the beta. I hope that gets fixed in the public release.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I will likely have no choice since I plan on getting the 5S (or alternative name) and IOS 7 will be pre-installed. That said, I have a love hate relationship with IOS 7. At least to this point in the beta, I feel that the animations add a degree of lag that was never present before in IOS. I am hoping that gets eliminated, but what if it is not? I also prefer some of the look of IOS 6 and prior. The new icons do not bother me a bit. But the look of everything within the settings icon, the keyboard, bubble colors and background of sms, lines in the notepad app, etc I do honestly prefer in IOS 6. I also do not like the new 3-page notification center at all. Especially with them eliminating the 7 day forecast weather widget. Guess I will get used to it all though. Not really any other choice if I get the next phone released.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am 100% positive that I will upgrade when it is released as a finished product. Heck, I'm doing all I can to keep from updating now...:)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes I'm sure I will update all my device once it's official and all bugs are fixed .. For now ill just keep it on my iPhone 5 and enjoy

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
iOS 6 is stuck in the late 90's. When I worked with graphical design back in the days, I created the kind of shiny stuff with gradients and stuff. That was like 15 years ago. A re-design is long overdue. In my opinion it looked old even when iOS was new. I do not agree with Steve Jobs design decisions but I agree with Ive's for the most part.

iOS 7 was the sole reason I recently bought a iPhone. I could never stand the design of prior versions.

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I look forward to the new iOS 7. It's refreshing, it's a change of pace when it comes to Apple. Is it innovative? Not really, but it is definitely a step in the right direction. Running the beta now, it is a bit sluggish here and there, but nothing that doesn't happen in most betas.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I will likely have no choice since I plan on getting the 5S (or alternative name) and IOS 7 will be pre-installed. That said, I have a love hate relationship with IOS 7. At least to this point in the beta, I feel that the animations add a degree of lag that was never present before in IOS. I am hoping that gets eliminated, but what if it is not? I also prefer some of the look of IOS 6 and prior. The new icons do not bother me a bit. But the look of everything within the settings icon, the keyboard, bubble colors and background of sms, lines in the notepad app, etc I do honestly prefer in IOS 6. I also do not like the new 3-page notification center at all. Especially with them eliminating the 7 day forecast weather widget. Guess I will get used to it all though. Not really any other choice if I get the next phone released.

Do they, or will they have a switch in Settings to turn off animations ?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Why would you not? Most of your apps will update to take advantage of features only offered in iOS 7, and one day you'll find an app that you can't live without no longer works at all with iOS 6.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
As with anything involving change there will ofcourse be push back somewhere. Why you wouldn't upgrade though is beyond me. I can see someone not upgrading until the later versions when they've ironed out all the bugs. However it's not like Apple is going to say oops and go back to iOS 6. So if someone isn't planning on upgrading are they planning on staying with iOS 6 for the life of their device? I run the betas and I love it so for me there is no question. The question in my mind is when will it be Jailbroken? :biggrin:

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
You know I like the features as well, I'm just not feeling the new look. I just really like pre- ios 7 because of how closely it reminds me of Mac OS. And if Mac OS eventually starts looking like ios 7, I don't know what I will do. P.s I really dislike the new safari...

I think the look may be subject to change (I hope), and maybe you'll get used to it.