Anyone already decided not upgrading to ios 7?

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I dont like the keyboard in iOS7. I just dont like how it looks. But since my iphone is no longer my daily driver, and my ipad is far from my main messaging device, I will upgrade to ensure my apps run smoothly and take advantage of its other features!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I usually upgraded automatically in past because I got new iphones each year. This year could be different as I'm happy with the iphone 5.

If I don't get the 5S, it gets a bit harder. I'm currently jailbroken on iOS 6 and don't really see much in iOS 7 to warrant losing my jb right away. I'd say i'm more reluctant at this point vs decided. If certain apps need iOS 7, my decision will be made for me.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have had iOS 7 beta on my phone and loved it but switched back to iOS 6 cause of the lags and glitches.. But when iOS 7 is officially released then I will upgrade my phone again

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
To this point I do not believe it is possible. I just cannot see Apple making this an option since they are so proud of these changes.

I feel the same way Apple might tweak the look in the future but I don't think it will change drastically. As someone on beta 3 I've gotten used to the icons I used to hate they don't bother me anymore simply because I have gotten past it. This is what they are most likely banking on will happen with the people who don't like it after release and I feel like that will be a very small percentage of users at that.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
my one of the favourite features (many could disagree) is when u set a panorama photo as your background and u move the phone in your hand by parallax effect you are able to see whole photo.. although it is sounding weird but in actual usage its kind of very good

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I ran b1, b2, and b3. About a week ago I restored back to 6.1.4 because of a few apps that i use regularly weren't working properly under iOS7. I never realized how much I liked iOS7 until I got rid of it, lol. Now I am back on b3 and I definitely like the look better. The overall look for iOS7 is better than all the previous versions of iOS. Yes it's shocking at first, because its such a drastic change from what we are all used to seeing. Once you get over the shock and play with it for a while, I think most of us will end up preferring it.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I'll give 7 a go once it is released to the public, if for no better reason to see what gets 'improved'. That said, I'm running an iPhone 4, so I'm expecting a number of the useful features to be beyond the capabilities of the 4.

Then again, the bigger question might be, when I eventually upgrade my 4, will anything in the upcoming iOS encourage me to stick with Apple's iDevice? Or, after 5 years, is Apple simply rearranging non-skeumorphic deck chairs on a virtual Titanic? Where's the 'insanely great one more thing' when it comes to the iPhone and it's iOS?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I'll give 7 a go once it is released to the public, if for no better reason to see what gets 'improved'. That said, I'm running an iPhone 4, so I'm expecting a number of the useful features to be beyond the capabilities of the 4.

Then again, the bigger question might be, when I eventually upgrade my 4, will anything in the upcoming iOS encourage me to stick with Apple's iDevice? Or, after 5 years, is Apple simply rearranging non-skeumorphic deck chairs on a virtual Titanic? Where's the 'insanely great one more thing' when it comes to the iPhone and it's iOS?

I think we are getting to the point where maturation is in effect. There may or may not be another great 'one more thing', but conversely, I'm not certain other big players like Samsung are necessarily pulling off 'great' things either, short of putting a laundry list of gimmicks into a device and calling it innovation.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i will absolutely go to iOS 7. cannot think of one reason why not

some people just over think this stuff way too much lol

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I ran b1, b2, and b3. About a week ago I restored back to 6.1.4 because of a few apps that i use regularly weren't working properly under iOS7. I never realized how much I liked iOS7 until I got rid of it, lol. Now I am back on b3 and I definitely like the look better. The overall look for iOS7 is better than all the previous versions of iOS. Yes it's shocking at first, because its such a drastic change from what we are all used to seeing. Once you get over the shock and play with it for a while, I think most of us will end up preferring it.

Same thing happened to me. I had to downgrade to 6.1.4 to get a replacement as my sleep/wake button was starting to not work anymore. It was only two days but it felt like an eternity I really wanted iOS 7 back on my new iPhone LOL.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I've been going back and forth on whether I want to lose my jailbreak... I have iOS 7 on my work phone (don't use it much).

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I've been going back and forth on whether I want to lose my jailbreak... I have iOS 7 on my work phone (don't use it much).

wait a minute!!! Duvi jailbreaks now??? lol i remember when you were anti-jb

crazy times i tell ya

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
wait a minute!!! Duvi jailbreaks now??? lol i remember when you were anti-jb

crazy times i tell ya

Everybody has a breaking point haha. I was pro JB from day 1!! How I played the original Tap Tap. Good times 😁!

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I think we are getting to the point where maturation is in effect. There may or may not be another great 'one more thing', but conversely, I'm not certain other big players like Samsung are necessarily pulling off 'great' things either, short of putting a laundry list of gimmicks into a device and calling it innovation.

I'll agree that maturation of the smartphone market may be in effect here - by all manufacturers and mobile OSs. Time was though when that's when Apple could pull a rabbit out of a hat with its 'one more thing' on a product or tech category.

That said, re: "...short of putting a laundry list of gimmicks into a device and calling it innovation" - you mean like Newsstand, Passbook, Siri? While still failing to fully grasp multi-tasking and fix apps like Mail.

:rolleyes:

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
Pretty sure OP will upgrade eventually or switch to a different platform. There is no reason not to upgrade. Why would you want an OS that isn't supported by your favorite apps. All apps will be made for iOS7. One day a feature will be on your favorite app and it doesn't even let you update it because you're still stuck on iOS6. I love the way iOS 7 looks and works. It's Fantastical!!!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
That said, re: "...short of putting a laundry list of gimmicks into a device and calling it innovation" - you mean like Newsstand, Passbook, Siri? While still failing to fully grasp multi-tasking and fix apps like Mail.

Really? So Apple has a myriad of commercials touting newsstand and passbook as the next big thing? No, I didn't think so. (Siri yes)

So if not having the 'one more thing' be the ability to bump a phone to share a playlist, eye scroll a page (works great in the dark) or pause a video if I glance away....I'll be just fine. Just a few less things I have to disable to keep from cluttering my experience.

Last edited:

ITunes Matched

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
One of the only reasons I might think of not upgrading to iOS 7 is change in the music app in how Albums are displayed. I don't enjoy scrolling through 40+ albums of my favorite artist (and songs in the that album) to get to their newest album. Worked better to be collapsed, click on the album and then see the tracks in that album. I also wish folders showed more icons than 9 per page like iOS 6, this is especially annoying on the iPad.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Really? So Apple has a myriad of commercials touting newsstand and passbook as the next big thing? No, I didn't think so. (Siri yes)

So if not having the 'one more thing' be the ability to bump a phone to share a playlist, eye scroll a page (works great in the dark) or pause a video if I glance away....I'll be just find. Just a few less things I have to disable to keep from cluttering my experience.

Sorry. I thought the comment was '...putting a laundry list of gimmicks into a device...', not 'creating ads promoting gimmicks'. I'll agree, Apple hasn't promoted its more notable upgrade iOS gimmicks in ads (just as well really), preferring to flog them to the Macoyltes at conferences and then making a big deal of the fact that some of the apps may actually work as expected in the next iOS. Yeah, that's cutting age innovation.

Apple seems to be devoting more time in its advertising promoting xenophobia rather than the product itself. God Bless America: its designed in California - albeit by a Brit.

As for other OSs gimmicky stuff like eye scroll, pause a video when you look away - yeah, absolutely, I'll agree.
But I will point out those are features in (here I'm guessing you're inferring Android) the stock version of the current OS, but rather are additional 'features' built into particular manufacturer's devices. Users are free to choose the manufacturer and/or disable these apps as they so wish. Choice. You remember choice? Never a hallmark of the iOS experience (short of wallpapers and shifting icons to a different page/order), I daresay its something even some iOS users would appreciate - however gimmicky they want to make their own personal device.

I guess the upshot of all this is, I'm not seeing anything in the comments, reviews or user experiences of the Beta iOS 7 to suggest that this is a new version of the current OS. Its not new. Or an upgrade. Its a patch. At best, a point update - wrapped in pretty new icons. But Apple never talks of patches - always updates. Certainly nothing there (yet) as 'One more thing'.

Disappointing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW