iOS 7 Dev Beta 3.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Why has the keyboard only been changed in some apps? I thought that if it were changed by Apple it would change in all 3rd party apps without the developers doing anything to it, am I wrong about this?

You are wrong. Let's take the Facebook app as an example. It was coded using the iOS 6 development kit. It runs using the iOS 6 code and is in it's own little world when it runs. It has no idea that it's running iOS 7 or that it contains a new keyboard. iOS 7 can run older code, which is why you see the old keyboard. When iOS 7 is released to the public, some apps may never be updated for whatever reason and if they contain a keyboard, it will be the older one.

I get that, but I would have thought 3rd party apps access the same code for the keyboard, so when it is changed by Apple it is instantly implemented by other apps whether or not the developers do anything about it. From the looks of it each app puts in its own code for the keyboard and so is independent of the main iOS keyboard. Sorry I just would have thought that all apps used one set of code for the keyboard.

See above.

azopfi84

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a question about updating apps in the app store. How do you clear them once they've been updated? In iOS 6, they would go away once u update the app. Now it just stays and shows the date when you updated it. i've attached a photo. Thanks~!ipad update.PNG

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I have a question about updating apps in the app store. How do you clear them once they've been updated? In iOS 6, they would go away once u update the app. Now it just stays and shows the date when you updated it. i've attached a photo. Thanks~!View attachment 34365

At this time you can't. It just deletes them after a certain amount of time. That time is currently undefined as far as I know.

jennaisavol

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I've been having HUGE issues with this. I reset my network settings and that has seemed to fix it in the last 30 minutes where I couldn't get any calls in previously. Another workaround is downloading YouMail, but you don't get the missed call notification unless they make it to the point where voicemail kicks in.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Turn off FaceTime so I have heard

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

That does seem to do the trick. Although I didn't have too many problems with calls, when I disabled facetime I seemed to get alert tones for all of my text messages which is something that very recently popped up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
hello,

Is anyone having problems recieving calls since downloading beta 3? Anyone got any advice??

XIj4TMl.png

Sharvit

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Turning facetime off seems to ease the pain, but in my case not 100%. it seems like it works for certain period of time and then stops, i.e. calls are not getting thru. Maybe it is sleep mode that screws it, or just a period of time that a device is active. I am using iPhone 4S.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Turning facetime off seems to ease the pain, but in my case not 100%. it seems like it works for certain period of time and then stops, i.e. calls are not getting thru. Maybe it is sleep mode that screws it, or just a period of time that a device is active. I am using iPhone 4S.

Whatever the issue, remember, this is a beta release, and it is not yet ready for prime time use on a daily driver device. A word to the wise is sufficient.

davedmnd

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Since restoring my phone back to 6.1.4 I've ended up receiving double notifications for twitter. Instagram did the same so I removed and reinstalled it, and it sorted it. Have tried restoring again, still with the same issue!

Tomtom111

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
On my iPhone 4S, beta 3 completely disables by phone, so when I hit home or lock button or flick the vibrate nothing at all happens, even if I had been using the phone a minute earlier. After holding home and lock button to restart it the phone seems fine and everything works as before, anybody else experiencing this?

Sharvit

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
On my iPhone 4S, beta 3 completely disables by phone, so when I hit home or lock button or flick the vibrate nothing at all happens, even if I had been using the phone a minute earlier. After holding home and lock button to restart it the phone seems fine and everything works as before, anybody else experiencing this?

Something similar happens to me very rarely, seems like memory leaks of a new beta eventually add up and prevent phone from working properly

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
No idea if this is a IOS7 feature of whether it's new and I just haven't noticed it but you can now play videos on your PS3 via the YouTube app if they're both on the same WiFi system.

Even if it isn't new, I'm going to have so much fun pranking people with this!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Great now I can't receive phone calls 😭 haven't had this big yet. I reset network settings and then turned off FaceTime. But yesterday I noticed that when sending messages to friends with iPhones it was going through as a SMS so I thought iMessage was down but I looked at my settings and it had been turned off but not by me so idk what happened. FaceTime was also turned off, I turned it on then back off still no calls coming through.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

SW00BS

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Yes. Almost daily on my 4s.

madisonjar

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
A bug I searched for and didnt see, hope I didnt miss it, I went to enroll my phone onto my server and the enroll button was blank and not clicakable....vpn still drops when sleep mode kicks in as well...hoping beta 4 fixes this as I want to get my iphone enrolled on my server for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro