iOS 7 Dev Beta 3.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akot98

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I am not a paid developer. Is it safe to download iOS 7 beta 3 on my main device somewhat illegally? I am trying not to screw up my phone here. Any help?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am not a paid developer. Is it safe to download iOS 7 beta 3 on my main device somewhat illegally? I am trying not to screw up my phone here. Any help?

No it's not safe if you do not know what your doing I highly recommend you do not attempt too because you could run into issues.
Also no one here is going to help anybody do anything illegal it's against The rules and terms.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Passbooks on the lock screen aren't working correctly. I have a Starbucks passbook but when it says slide to view I of course do the action but it doesn't bring up the passbook like it should without unlocking the phone and even inputting my passcode it just goes to my homescreen or whatever app I was recently using.

Ok will I took a screenshot but tapatalk isn't working with posting images. But I just tried it in my lock screen and was able to get it to work but most times it will just slide to enter my passcode. Definitely something apple needs to address.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

Last edited:

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

It's safe if you know what you're doing.

Unfortunately, if you have to ask that, you don't actually know what you're doing, and you _will_ mess something up.

Severus111

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I am a new iphone user. Please tell me do u think my iphone 5 battery on ios7 beta 3 is good or bad?
With moderate use of wifi i got the following stats:
Usage: 2 hours 31 mins
Standby time: 10 hours 21 mins
Battery remaining: 63%

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The people have spoken! (Friends and family) I had to downgrade due to not receiving phone calls since I updated to beta 3. It was like being on vacation!

Can't wait for B4!

Jessicalt1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I had to downgrade due to not getting calls as well. It wasn't like the other bug where it wouldn't answer, or show two calls.... they just plain did not come through. Also, on the recent calls list, I could not scroll to the top of the list. It was stuck behind the status bar where the provider name shows and nothing I did would bring it down. I thought I could handle the spotify bug but any change in volume caused it to crash. I use spotify constantly. Maybe some of those bugs will be fixed in the next beta.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Having Facetime turned off fixed the call issue for me. I've also just noticed the yelllw & red warning colours are back when turning volume up high, shame. I don't think it's really needed.

Brian Pinter

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Guys I've got another bug. Maybe not a bug or just operator error. Anyone else having problems clearing their Game Center notification. I can not get that little "1" to go away for the life of me!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The people have spoken! (Friends and family) I had to downgrade due to not receiving phone calls since I updated to beta 3. It was like being on vacation!

Can't wait for B4!

I had it at first but after placing a out going call it has worked ever since .. So ill deal with it of they don't like it leave a vm or text me lol only one more week till b4 we hope lol

akot98

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
No it's not safe if you do not know what your doing I highly recommend you do not attempt too because you could run into issues.
Also no one here is going to help anybody do anything illegal it's against The rules and terms.

Good luck

I don't know if it's actually illegal. Just somewhat frowned upon

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Having Facetime turned off fixed the call issue for me. I've also just noticed the yelllw & red warning colours are back when turning volume up high, shame. I don't think it's really needed.

This solved the missed call issue for me as well. Initially I thought it was wifi being on...... but it was facetime all along.

Tomtom111

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Why has the keyboard only been changed in some apps? I thought that if it were changed by Apple it would change in all 3rd party apps without the developers doing anything to it, am I wrong about this?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
3rd party apps do not have access to this in Beta... As all developer can't update their aps to iOS 7 until release....

Tomtom111

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I get that, but I would have thought 3rd party apps access the same code for the keyboard, so when it is changed by Apple it is instantly implemented by other apps whether or not the developers do anything about it. From the looks of it each app puts in its own code for the keyboard and so is independent of the main iOS keyboard. Sorry I just would have thought that all apps used one set of code for the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR