iOS 7 Dev Beta 3.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Seems to be more bugs in this beta....

Are more people still having problems with the phone app and calls not ringing through?

I've found if wifi is on, I don't receive call notifications at all of any sort. No vibration, no screen, and no ringtone. If wifi is off it works fine.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've found if wifi is on, I don't receive call notifications at all of any sort. No vibration, no screen, and no ringtone. If wifi is off it works fine.

I keep wifi on, and am connected to wifi about 60% of the time. I am getting all of my calls, alerts and notifications.

Stevenojobs

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 4S, i didn't stay with beta 2 because it was not for daily use, but with beta 3 Apple really did a good job !! Smooth, Not much lag, and only one reboot since... So pretty good !

I restored from beta 2, then icloud backup from iOs 6, then OTA update...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am noticing an issue with app updates. The settings are ON to auto update apps, but with beta 3, I am having to manually update apps again.

Also, since beta 3, I no longer get the auto-downloads for apps/music that I purchase via my iPad and/or my MBP. Again, the settings are ON, but no luck.

jordb22

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Maybe Apple removed this an I'm just slow (which is possible) but in Beta 1 I could double tap the home button and the music controls would come up. In B2 I couldn't do that, I'd have to open control center which annoyed me. Now in Beta 3 I still have to start the music from Control Center but now if I try to stop it the buttons don't work in control center or on the lock screen, so I have to go into my phone and go into the music app.

I have read through other pages and haven't seen anyone else having this issue. I'm thinking about doing a fresh install of B3 just to see if that fixes anything.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I know iCloud backups aren't backwards compatible but I thought I remember reading on here that an iTunes backup would be compatible if having to downgrade. Is this correct? I'm going to get my phone replaced/fixed because of my sleep/wake button going out and I had it plugged into my MBP clicked on backup but when I downgraded my backup wouldn't restore said the software was too old. Not sure if I did something wrong in the process or I'll have to wait to get back onto the beta with my new device to be able to get back all my data.

blinkieme1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Great website, i just signed up.

A bug I came across is that my alarm didn't go off this morning... in addition to also having some of the calls not ringing problems others have mentioned.

Not sure if this is a new feature but i also noticed it's now possible to remove songs from playlists in the music app by simply swiping left on the song and then confirming the delete.

Cheers,

-blinkieme

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Same thing is happening to my 4S. With WiFi on I get calls/notifications sometimes, WiFi off they come through as normal.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I know iCloud backups aren't backwards compatible but I thought I remember reading on here that an iTunes backup would be compatible if having to downgrade. Is this correct? I'm going to get my phone replaced/fixed because of my sleep/wake button going out and I had it plugged into my MBP clicked on backup but when I downgraded my backup wouldn't restore said the software was too old. Not sure if I did something wrong in the process or I'll have to wait to get back onto the beta with my new device to be able to get back all my data.

Backups made on iTunes when it was on iOS 6.1.x should work, although people have said that they have difficulties. (Hard to know if they did everything right.) Sounds like you're trying to restore an iOS 7 backup to an iOS 6.1.4 install, which shouldn't work.

Seeing as how you're replacing the device anyway, just restore it once you've got your new device...

Stevenojobs

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
When you launch the Facetime application, then quit and then try to turn on the flashlight with the swipe up shortcut, you just can't the icon is grey. Do you experience the same thing ? Have to quit the app in multitasking to be able to turn on... Would be cool to notice apple, i don't know how to do..

blinkieme1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
When you launch the Facetime application, then quit and then try to turn on the flashlight with the swipe up shortcut, you just can't the icon is grey. Do you experience the same thing ? Have to quit the app in multitasking to be able to turn on... Would be cool to notice apple, i don't know how to do..

Yep, I'm seeing the same thing.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is that Beta 3 has introduced some lag when switching between apps from the app switcher, particularly messages, and there is now some lag in the parallax feature.

Otherwise everything is beta good.

azopfi84

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
everything works great. much better than beta 2 (besides the one game). There is only one issue I am having now. Has anyone had a problem with the settings not wanting to open out of nowhere? When I double click home, I can see the settings box there but when i click it, it goes back to the home screen.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Backups made on iTunes when it was on iOS 6.1.x should work, although people have said that they have difficulties. (Hard to know if they did everything right.) Sounds like you're trying to restore an iOS 7 backup to an iOS 6.1.4 install, which shouldn't work.

Seeing as how you're replacing the device anyway, just restore it once you've got your new device...

Yeah that's what I thought, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR