iOS 7 Dev Beta 3.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
When I applied light pressure to the center of the screen it made an audible clicking sound. Made me crazy when I would tap and it would click. The genius was quick to acknowledge that some phones do it and offered a replacement.

Interesting, thanks for the reply. I'm surprised the genius actually admitted to any problem. In all my experiences with geniuses they won't admit to much.

dstorm5

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this will help anyone but in my experience, when I first put on the beta 3 on my 4S, I did some testing from my wife's phone to mine and initially I would see the call but no sounds/vibration at all. I discovered that once I turned off FaceTime in the settings, I was then able to get both sounds/vibrations on incoming calls regardless if my wifi was on or not.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Having done some proper testing i've found a few bugs

- Typing on Safari sometimes causes the entire page to move downwards
- Parallax occasionally becomes stuck and bumpy

I don't seem to be effected by the phone call bug. A very stable beta release from Apple, good to see the music app has been fixed, the thicker font is also a nice change too.

One thing I will note is that the battery life seems fairly poor, far worse than Beta 2 for me anyway

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Having done some proper testing i've found a few bugs

- Typing on Safari sometimes causes the entire page to move downwards
- Parallax occasionally becomes stuck and bumpy

I don't seem to be effected by the phone call bug. A very stable beta release from Apple, good to see the music app has been fixed, the thicker font is also a nice change too.

One thing I will note is that the battery life seems fairly poor, far worse than Beta 2 for me anyway

Yeah battery has been pretty awful but I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually,also I denied an application access to location services and the arrow and the status bar constantly stays there

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys wondering about iCloud backups. I had to get my phone replaced and I just got iOS 7 installed on my new device both backups are for iOS 7. I'm wondering if I delete those backups my data on my devices won't be touched right? For instance I have tiny wings and I don't want that data to be erased.

So if I delete both my iPhone backups and then turn back on iCloud backups I should be good to go right?

Sent from the collector home world.

nyk0n

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem. But only from incoming fowarded call.
I forward my work phone to my cell. After updating beta 3
The forwarded calls comes in as 2 Calls. really weird. The call comes in and doesn't ring. When you answer, You see 1 call (same call) is oh HOLD and you get the swap option, When you swap
the other same call goes on HOLD .
If I don't anwer the call, I get 2 missed calls of same time

I get this issue too although not with forwarded calls I get this from any incoming calls from the Same cell provider, any calls from other providers/landlines do not affect this issue

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I get this issue too although not with forwarded calls I get this from any incoming calls from the Same cell provider, any calls from other providers/landlines do not affect this issue

Stop complaining and start reporting the bugs to Apple. It’s not just a good thing to do, it’s what you agreed to do when you signed on as a developer and joined the beta.

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a little bug where I will turn on rotation lock (iPhone) and the multitasking images will be frozen into the last landscape image. I've reported it but was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue?

Tomtom111

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
A few things I've noticed, are when you want to select a song from the flip side of an album when in now playing, the song highlights but nothing else happens. Also there are two ways to rate songs, one on the flip side of the artwork in the now playing screen by tapping 'rating' and tapping the title/artist/album changes it to a rating option. When I tap 'rating' on the top left of the screen, it flashes black for a second then returns to normal. Not sure if the bugs are new in beta 3 though, anyone else having these bugs?

colinb913

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
In the notification center my weather forecast is only there once in a while. I still have yet to see my traffic information. Everything's turned on in my settings. Just not working.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
In the notification center my weather forecast is only there once in a while. I still have yet to see my traffic information. Everything's turned on in my settings. Just not working.
Weather in NC has been consistently there for me... And traffic/how long might it take to get home has been inconsistent... this morning, it would only tell me about travel time to my favorite coffee place... that went away when I rebooted the phone.

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Weather in NC has been consistently there for me... And traffic/how long might it take to get home has been inconsistent... this morning, it would only tell me about travel time to my favorite coffee place... that went away when I rebooted the phone.
It seems to take a while for the phone to notice your locations. Mine has just started telling me how long it would take me to get home from wherever I am and I have been running all the beta's.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Cant seem to find how to put weather in NC... ?? I checked settings but there was no option .

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
What setting needs to be on for it to tell you how far away from home you are? I can't seem to find it, is it available outside of the US or is it US restricted like everything else?

Anyone done testing to see whether battery life is effected by Dynamic wallpapers?

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
What setting needs to be on for it to tell you how far away from home you are? I can't seem to find it, is it available outside of the US or is it US restricted like everything else?

Anyone done testing to see whether battery life is effected by Dynamic wallpapers?
in my experiences the notification center widget sort of shows up at random. I don't think it's a setting I think the phone tells where you are at what time to tell where your house is and show the information.

For the battery life I have seen battery life is affected with the dynamic wallpaper.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

It seems to take a while for the phone to notice your locations. Mine has just started telling me how long it would take me to get home from wherever I am and I have been running all the beta's.

Ever since Beta 3 this feature has been working quite reliably for me but only from certain locations. If you're having issues or it doesn't appear for you make sure frequent locations are turned on under; privacy - location services - system services - frequent locations.

Just give it time I would say. It's beta software and the system learns your habits so this more than anything else will require a lot of fine tuning. This is the type of thing that might need tuning even beyond the beta phase.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

Same here. Sometimes weather is there and sometimes traffic alert. Got worse since I reset defaults.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

fishfarm20

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the travel time to work / home - I noticed it for the first time last night while I was driving (I know, shame on me). Does anyone think it has to do with the gyroscope : GPS detecting rate of speed? Obviously, if you're walking or sitting still, you're phone won't need to access that particular data... Just saying. Also, I've noticed that the translucency is gone where the next / previous arrows and done buttons are on Safari... Anyone else seeing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73