iOS 7 Dev Beta 3.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I had to exchange my iPhone 5 at Apple store due to screen flex. Went well and the genius and I shared excitement in regard to the beta. When I came home with my replacement I quickly went to the dev portal and downloaded beta 3 and did a fresh install. Funny as I noticed some changes to the phone app that weren't there with my previous phone that I updated via OTA through each beta, dialpad is now white and changes to black when on a phone call , previously mine was always black. And now I have the option to decline a phone call, previously I was only given the option to swipe to answer. I think going forward I am going to skip the OTAs and just install via iTunes.

gamer2win

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I had to exchange my iPhone 5 at Apple store due to screen flex. Went well and the genius and I shared excitement in regard to the beta. When I came home with my replacement I quickly went to the dev portal and downloaded beta 3 and did a fresh install. Funny as I noticed some changes to the phone app that weren't there with my previous phone that I updated via OTA through each beta, dialpad is now white and changes to black when on a phone call , previously mine was always black. And now I have the option to decline a phone call, previously I was only given the option to swipe to answer. I think going forward I am going to skip the OTAs and just install via iTunes.

I update to beta 3 over OTA, what you described is there. So no difference from updating via itunes

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Back on 6.1.4

Beta is getting there and I like seeing the progress though...

​I know for a fact I hate the animation transitions....

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Back on 6.1.4

I think with this call bug ill wait to load until gm or maybe beta 5 ..

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm more intrigued by this "screen flex", how exactly was it flexing?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Back on 6.1.4

Do you hate the animation transitions due to the lag/slowness that they present? Or do you hate them all together regardless? Just curious. I was on the fence but leaning towards not caring for them because at least as of now, they seem to bog down the experience. My sincere hope is that beta is the cause, and that they will speed up considerably by launch.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
would reinstalling beta 3 over itunes rather than ota fix the incoming call bug because it makes the phone almost unusable.
Download the beta ipsw from the Apple Developer web site... or elsewhere if you're not a developer... and install via iTunes in the same manner you installed the original beta.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Usually update my betas through iTunes. This time I was forced to do it via OTA. After the update my passcode was removed. The setting was set to off.
In an app that supports landscape orientation go into multi-tasking then go to the home screen and the wallpaper disappears replaced with a black wallpaper.
Lock screen music controls work intermittently. Albums don't show their album art.
The app store doesn't show any of my purchased content.
Keyboard shortcuts finally work but there is no way to reverse them.
This beta has been more buggy for me than beta 2. One of my apps that worked on beta 1 & 2 no longer works along with the bugs I've submitted.
The pano wallpaper on the lock screen is sweet but unless the lock screen elements are going to dynamically update there are always going to be situations where they get lost. I have a pano where the sky when set makes the elements white but when I move across the image there are areas with clouds where the white text turns white. So the the text would have to dynamically be changing depending on the color beneath so in dark areas it's white then in white areas it turns grey or black. This might lead to battery drain just from simply having pano wallpapers. So while it a neat thing if they can't get it perfect I'd rather not have it.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Installed Beta 3 around 4 hours ago and my battery seems to be dropping fairly quickly, I'll let it die and do a full re-charge cycle, seemed to help with the previous Betas.

So far though, no bugs. The animations are faster and smooth although Parallax does tend to stick and become jittery now and again, it's not a big problem. Twitter app has been fixed so you can see previous replies which was my number one reason for downgrading before. Depending on how the battery is tomorrow, I might just stick with IOS 7 this time.

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else here use My Fitness Pal? I use it daily, and with beta 3.0 it is almost unusable. It shuts down if you try to scan or search for a food.

Personally, while some things are faster with beta 3, I am finding more apps randomly shutting down and such with this one. Beta 4 couldn't come soon enough.

Same here...bummed me out as its probably my #1 app. Between that and the incoming call bug, I only kept B3 for a few hours. Still, it's looking pretty sweet otherwise.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Does installing beta 3 via iTunes Ipsw fix the call issue ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit