ios 7 beta is great but not ready

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand why some of you have a problem with this thread.

It's beta software. He understood that.
He tried it, he liked it, but its not yet sufficient to be used as his daily driver.

At the end, he asks what others think of iOS 7.
He's initiating a discussion on a discussion forum.

It's not as if he's one of those clueless people who post:
"Duuuuuuhhhh, iOS 7 don't work. Apple is stoopid".

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. Mobile Nations has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. Mobile Nations is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it![/WARN]

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Instagram video works for me, Vine is still a bit buggy. Sometimes the video with freeze and audio will play, other times I get video and audio and occasionally I get nothing

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Your thread title dictates you're not intelligent enough to make worthwhile use of a beta. Please don't install any other beta software in the future.

Was that really necessary?

Perhaps not, but then, honestly, neither was the original post that started this thread. By definition, a beta release is NOT ready for general consumption by the masses. It’s one of those things that need not be said, but all to often, is said anyway.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps not, but then, honestly, neither was the original post that started this thread. By definition, a beta release is NOT ready for general consumption by the masses. It?s one of those things that need not be said, but all to often, is said anyway.

I agree with you that a lot of these threads don't need to exist, but at no point did the guy get all huffy on it not working, or indicate that he didn't grasp the concept of beta software. I tried it, liked it, and rapidly removed it myself. I don't think it warranted use of the flame deployment button. Just my two cents though. Looks like one of the mods caught it to and issued warning, so I consider it handled :).

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
[WARN]Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. Mobile Nations has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. Mobile Nations is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it![/WARN]

" Treat members with respect", I haven't lately seen that in the forum and it's very unfortunate, I'd like this rule to apply to EVERY single member here, I repeat, EVERY single member.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps not, but then, honestly, neither was the original post that started this thread. By definition, a beta release is NOT ready for general consumption by the masses. It?s one of those things that need not be said, but all to often, is said anyway.

Agree, perhaps not, regardless of the original post, replies like that one are uncalled for..

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
In simple terms... And let's move on.

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced Apple users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interests..

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why some of you have a problem with this thread.

It's beta software. He understood that.
He tried it, he liked it, but its not yet sufficient to be used as his daily driver.

At the end, he asks what others think of iOS 7.
He's initiating a discussion on a discussion forum.

It's not as if he's one of those clueless people who post:
"Duuuuuuhhhh, iOS 7 don't work. Apple is stoopid".

I have a problem with it because they have been showing up numerous times. Multiple threads about how iOS 7 beta is buggy pop up all day. I think there should just be a dedicated thread for it.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It being a beta, I'm not surprised things don't work. Seeing as for me, because I'm not a dev, it'd be fun to install and mess around with, but not necessary and I honestly have no reason to install it and, while it's a small risk, risk breaking something and bricking my device. I'll wait until it's officially released.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I would like to go back to iPhone, so I started reading reviews and comments about iOS 7. One issue that has repeatedly been brought up is about the readability of the text. Any views on this from testers on here?

This is a copy and paste of one site's comments:

"The last thing I want my phone reminding me of every day is that I am growing older. It's a horrible font choice ? exacerbated by the color schemes. Let's show the font in white on a light blue background. How about in yellow on a white background.

Seriously, they took all this stuff that was easy to read, stuff you didn't have to think about, and put in hard-to-read text on a feature-less white screen. Even the navigation icons look like bad text from an early eighties OS. But at least you could read those."

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2