IOS 7 Downgrade issue. Proximity Sensor
i just downgraded from ios7beta1 to ios6.1.3 on my iphone 4 gsm.
at first is did a normal restore without dfu and it had some issues. so i update back to ios7, then used the dfu method to do a restore, restored my backup file. and all seems good, only problem is that my proximity sensor has stopped working. it doesnt turn the screen black at all. i googled for a fix and i did a reset for all settings but still the issue persists. any idea on how i can resolve this?
- 06-27-2013, 08:55 AM #2
- 06-27-2013, 11:29 AM #4
- 06-27-2013, 02:32 PM #6
- 07-06-2013, 09:59 AM #7iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: IOS 7 Downgrade issue. Proximity Sensor
Not sure if this will help you or not. My proximity sensor wasn't working in iOS 7 beta 1 or 2, but when I restored back to iOS 6, it worked again. After reinstalling the iOS 7 beta, it was back to not working. I tried toggling a few settings options like Siri's "raise to speak" hoping that it would trigger something in the software that was causing the issue, but no luck. The last thing I tried before the sensor started working again was that I turned off Siri, went into my voicemail and listened to my most recent one, and then tested the sensor. It worked again! I called a few contacts and it was still working! I turned Siri back on and also Siri's "raise to speak," and everything is back to working. Again, this is in iOS 7 for me, but it's worth a shot.
- 09-23-2013, 10:17 AM #8
- 09-27-2013, 06:16 AM #9
- By slugsta418 in forum iOS 7Replies: 3Last Post: 06-27-2013, 05:55 PM
- By Stevenojobs in forum iOS 7Replies: 6Last Post: 06-27-2013, 04:31 PM
- By bunjy in forum iOS 7Replies: 4Last Post: 06-27-2013, 01:46 PM
- By Ploy Thanyachan in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2013, 08:18 AM
- By Kingsley Bassey in forum iOS 7Replies: 3Last Post: 06-27-2013, 05:58 AM