IOS 7 Downgrade issue. Proximity Sensor

simonflame

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
i just downgraded from ios7beta1 to ios6.1.3 on my iphone 4 gsm.
at first is did a normal restore without dfu and it had some issues. so i update back to ios7, then used the dfu method to do a restore, restored my backup file. and all seems good, only problem is that my proximity sensor has stopped working. it doesnt turn the screen black at all. i googled for a fix and i did a reset for all settings but still the issue persists. any idea on how i can resolve this?

mob25

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this will help you or not. My proximity sensor wasn't working in iOS 7 beta 1 or 2, but when I restored back to iOS 6, it worked again. After reinstalling the iOS 7 beta, it was back to not working. I tried toggling a few settings options like Siri's "raise to speak" hoping that it would trigger something in the software that was causing the issue, but no luck. The last thing I tried before the sensor started working again was that I turned off Siri, went into my voicemail and listened to my most recent one, and then tested the sensor. It worked again! I called a few contacts and it was still working! I turned Siri back on and also Siri's "raise to speak," and everything is back to working. Again, this is in iOS 7 for me, but it's worth a shot.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox