This could negate the need for a bigger screen

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about others but for me the whole reason I want a bigger screen is because I'm visually impaired and its a royal pain in the *** trying to use the zoom feature.

a bigger screen would make it easier to read.
but then I see this article over at cult of mac.

iOS 7 will allow dynamic letter size in all apps, you control the size of the text, not just in notes, and email and such. large print everywhere. if they do this, who cares about a larger screen! I'll be set.

iOS 7 just rocks! I can't wait! check out the article.

Enable Dynamic Text Size In Apps That Support It With iOS 7 Beta [iOS Tips] | Cult of Mac

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Adding text wrap would be a very nice move. I don't understand why Apple has never implemented this feature.
And a bigger screen would be a nice option.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I care about a larger screen because I want more content on the screen and media to be bigger. Being able to have gigantic text is great for you, but I wouldn't use that feature. Apple should have two options, normal iphone and large iphone. If someone doesn't like the large iphone they could get the normal sized one and vise versa.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I care about a larger screen because I want more content on the screen and media to be bigger. Being able to have gigantic text is great for you, but I wouldn't use that feature. Apple should have two options, normal iphone and large iphone. If someone doesn't like the large iphone they could get the normal sized one and vise versa.

I am always amazed when people buy into a platform (like iOS) and then want the owner/developer to change it up to meet their specific needs. Why not simply choose a platform that best suits your needs... you know, evaluate what’s out there, and choose based on what you see.

Especially when, after all, creating a new device to meet YOUR specific needs isn't an expensive proposition for Apple ... and, I mean, it is YOU that’s inconvenienced by the choice that you made ... SMH

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I can answer that. its because each platform has pros and cons. you pick the platform that you feel has the most pros and least cons.

that doesn't stop you from wanting less cons and more pros.

with this new feature in iOS 7, there's one less con in my book.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am always amazed when people buy into a platform (like iOS) and then want the owner/developer to change it up to meet their specific needs. Why not simply choose a platform that best suits your needs... you know, evaluate what’s out there, and choose based on what you see.

Especially when, after all, creating a new device to meet YOUR specific needs isn't an expensive proposition for Apple ... and, I mean, it is YOU that’s inconvenienced by the choice that you made ... SMH

Man who peed in your Cheerios. Such a welcoming community we have here. Smh a larger screen would be nice and even with the dynamic font it would still be nice for displaying more content and also for gaming and movies.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Man who peed in your Cheerios. Such a welcoming community we have here. Smh a larger screen would be nice and even with the dynamic font it would still be nice for displaying more content and also for gaming and movies.

No one peed in anything... I just don’t understand why someone buys something then wants it all changed up. If it isn't what you want, don’t buy it... but it makes no sense to buy it and then complain about what you bought.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
No one peed in anything... I just don’t understand why someone buys something then wants it all changed up. If it isn't what you want, don’t buy it... but it makes no sense to buy it and then complain about what you bought.

Who said that poster has an iPhone? Maybe they are on the fence. You're mentality is the well whatever apple gives me is ok and I will be happy regardless because apple knows best and I cannot make those decisions on my own. But it's ok. Some people(like the poster and many others) would like a larger screen. But maybe they should make sure it's ok with you to voice their opinions next time.... ��

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Who said that poster has an iPhone? Maybe they are on the fence. You're mentality is the well whatever apple gives me is ok and I will be happy regardless because apple knows best and I cannot make those decisions on my own. But it's ok. Some people(like the poster and many others) would like a larger screen. But maybe they should make sure it's ok with you to voice their opinions next time.... ��

No, my "mentality" is "well if this is all Apple is going to give me, and it’s not what I want, then no thanks, Apple". Apple (or BlackBerry or Android or Windows Phone) isn't for every one. Each has their strengths and weaknesses... and if Apple doesn’t give me a product that meets my needs, I’m going somewhere else. Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

No need to get all arrogant about it... I simply voiced my opinion. The OP is entitled to do the same... as are you.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
No, my "mentality" is "well if this is all Apple is going to give me, and it’s not what I want, then no thanks, Apple". Apple (or BlackBerry or Android or Windows Phone) isn't for every one. Each has their strengths and weaknesses... and if Apple doesn’t give me a product that meets my needs, I’m going somewhere else. Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

No need to get all arrogant about it... I simply voiced my opinion. The OP is entitled to do the same... as are you.

But what about those who want IOS and a larger screen? Maybe they don't want another OS, hence why they want a larger screen. And it wasn't arrogance just getting tired of well if you don't like it go somewhere else. Maybe there is a reason they aren't already on another platform? I mean not that hard to grasp...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
But what about those who want IOS and a larger screen? Maybe they don't want another OS, hence why they want a larger screen. And it wasn't arrogance just getting tired of well if you don't like it go somewhere else. Maybe there is a reason they aren't already on another platform? I mean not that hard to grasp...

What’s wrong with "if you don’t like it, buy something else"? It’s a fact of life. Is it that hard to see how ridiculous the whole "they don’t make what I want so I’m going to buy what they have and then complain about it" thing is?

I am done here. I’ve made my point... now moving in. Have a good one.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

The device you seek for media consumption on a larger screen is an iPad Mini. Believe me, getting one will kill your thoughts for wanting a larger iPhone. It will just seem wrong.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

McDonald's doesn't sell Whoppers, but I really would like a Whopper, so McDonalds should start selling Whoppers... logic?

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
my second post didn't show up until after all these other posts because I'm a newbie and the mods still have to pre approve my posts (I wonder how many posts gets me past that?

anyway I wanted to make sure the folks here go back and read it, so nobody misses it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
McDonald's doesn't sell Whoppers, but I really would like a Whopper, so McDonalds should start selling Whoppers... logic?

Yes they should. Except your flawed comparison since a burger is a burger, but Os's are not the same. But I forgot you can't say anything that doesn't pair apple in a good picture. They are perfect, I forgot....Gotta love the "groupies" that can't take any criticism for anything when it comes to IOS and apple. And it's even worse the mods are just as bad. So much for a welcoming community. Then again you all for the isheep description to a T....��

Last edited:

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Yes they should. Except your flawed comparison since a burger is a burger, but OD is not the same.
After decrypting your response.... It's called BUSINESS, you do not cater your BUSINESS to the whim of every customer. The comparison is solid if you compare burgers or OSes.
But I forgot you can't say anything that doesn't pair apple in a good picture. They are perfect, I forgot....Gotta love the "groupies" that can't take any criticism for anything when it comes to IOS and apple. And it's even worse te moda are just as bad. So much for a welcoming community. Then again you all for the isheep description to a T....��

I dont know where you criticized Apple for YOU wanting another screen size alternative. I saw where YOU wanted something that Apple doesn't currently make.

Going into a tantrum about Mods and isheep was a bit childish don't you think?

CSI Guy

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site

What about the person who buys a small screen phone and then contracts eye problems like myself and a large screen iPhone would be nice. Does it bother people when someone wishes for something that would help them?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
After decrypting your response.... It's called BUSINESS, you do not cater your BUSINESS to the whim of every customer. The comparison is solid if you compare burgers or OSes.

I dont know where you criticized Apple for YOU wanting another screen size alternative. I saw where YOU wanted something that Apple doesn't currently make.

Going into a tantrum about Mods and isheep was a bit childish don't you think?

Who said "I" wanted another screen size? I was referring to the one poster. And no that rant is well due. Just look at most threads in these forums and how even when people weren't complaining if they mentioned IOS in a negative light the moss jumped all over them. I guess a little power goes to their heads....

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
No one peed in anything... I just don?t understand why someone buys something then wants it all changed up. If it isn't what you want, don?t buy it... but it makes no sense to buy it and then complain about what you bought.

Have to disagree here ( for the first time 😉) Maybe he likes the big screens from androids and the OS of iphones, nothing wrong with wishing the iphone had a bigger screen, sometimes I do, but no way in hell I'd buy an android now, the OS is way more important for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2