iOS 7 Dev Beta 2.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I've read this thread and no signs of anyone having this issue. B2 on Iphone 5.

All-day events don't show up in notification center. I just get today's (or tomorrow's) summary but not especifically which event it is by its name, just like specific time of day's events do.

Have you noticed that?

Here's a sample of what I mean

Sorry it's in spanish it says (for who does not understand spanish)

Below date:

Tomorrow

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 53

Firehand81

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried to search topic but couldn't find anything... There seems to be small annoyance with iPad and Smart Cover, ios 7 beta 2.
When you open smart cover, iPad jumps straight to home screen or passcode (if you got it set) instead of showing notifications/lockscreen. They are there, since I can see them if I cancel passcode entry or open with power/home button.
Small but kinda annoying when you just wanna check something quickly

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've read this thread and no signs of anyone having this issue. B2 on Iphone 5.

All-day events don't show up in notification center. I just get today's (or tomorrow's) summary but not especifically which event it is by its name, just like specific time of day's events do.

Have you noticed that?

Here's a sample of what I mean

Sorry it's in spanish it says (for who does not understand spanish)

Below date:

Tomorrow

Did you go to settings - notification center and check the Calendar settings??

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The lockscreen bug is hitting me with all its force, it's happening pretty much once or twice an hour, the locckscreen wont unlock, no control center or notification center, not even Siri gets me out of it, did a reset and still unresponsive.

I had the same problem. So I had to restore my iPhone back to 6.1.4. Such a bugger

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Didn't see this anywhere else: Camera app does not have an option for the filters. I believe it is supposed to show to the right of the shutter button but it is not there.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Did a quick search and couldn't find this. running Beta 2 on my iP5, and I can't reject an incoming call when the screen is locked. Reject/Accept call appears and works fine when the phone is unlocked, but once it's locked, there's no Reject option.

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did, but none of them make all-day events to appear in notification center. Setting are the same I used to have in 6.1.4 and it worked then.

Calendar is set in notification settings to show alerts in NC and include 5 items. Show on Lock Screen is set also. And Alert Style is set to banners.
Everything is set as it should be but all-day events don't show up. When an all-day event has alarm set it appears by its name on "missed" but not in "today".

Calendar is very unstable if you browse through appointments and events, from day, to week, to month and year. It crashes randomly. I've got duplicates on iPhone but everything it's ok in my iCloud synced Calendar on Mac. It's clear that it is a beta issue. Let's see how it'll come in B3.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
"It's clear that it is a beta issue" Yes we know that.........

​Since it can not be replicated on iOS 6.1.4

xpimnoob

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Besides the bugs that will eventually (hopefully) be fixed, what I find most frustrating about iOS7 is Music.

There are NO sub-menus for albums when I am browsing by artist. If I select one artist, it goes to all their songs. If I choose one song from one album, the play queue exists only within that album, which means you can't shuffle all of 1 artists' songs if you wished to do so. It's counter intuitive that it only shows discography yet doesn't let you shuffle/queue the whole discography. This also happens when you browse by genre then select an artist - no further sub-menus beyond that point.

The feature of loading every single album art is a huge pain because it makes it harder to navigate through the library. I'd expect an option to turn it on/off or something because I know some people love organizing album art. Also the phone attempts to sync artist pictures into the album art slots when browsing by artists, and it doesn't quite make sense to me why this feature exists.

I realize you can toggle which apps use Data by going to Settings > Cellular, but allowing an app to use data is the default option. If you toggle data off for one app, there will be constant notifications asking you if you want to toggle it on. I have found this particularly annoying when using Music because radio and album art syncs require data.

I apologize if someone else already mentioned these issues. I did a quick search before posting.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Besides the bugs that will eventually (hopefully) be fixed, what I find most frustrating about iOS7 is Music.

There are NO sub-menus for albums when I am browsing by artist. If I select one artist, it goes to all their songs. If I choose one song from one album, the play queue exists only within that album, which means you can't shuffle all of 1 artists' songs if you wished to do so. It's counter intuitive that it only shows discography yet doesn't let you shuffle/queue the whole discography. This also happens when you browse by genre then select an artist - no further sub-menus beyond that point.

The feature of loading every single album art is a huge pain because it makes it harder to navigate through the library. I'd expect an option to turn it on/off or something because I know some people love organizing album art. Also the phone attempts to sync artist pictures into the album art slots when browsing by artists, and it doesn't quite make sense to me why this feature exists.

I realize you can toggle which apps use Data by going to Settings > Cellular, but allowing an app to use data is the default option. If you toggle data off for one app, there will be constant notifications asking you if you want to toggle it on. I have found this particularly annoying when using Music because radio and album art syncs require data.

I apologize if someone else already mentioned these issues. I did a quick search before posting.

Yeah I did do a mention about not being able to shuffle all songs by an artist. Sucks not being able to shuffle all songs by an artist and only by a single album. Think I'll submit this to Apple.

Sent from the collector home world.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I went to bed last night at 10:30 with 94% battery and woke up at 6am with 26% remaining lol. Hopefully I can figure this part out. I'm good with less than stellar battery life but this would be a bit much to work with.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
aside from the mentioned bugs, the biggest issue for me is still the calendar. The lack of the ability to forward calendar events, or to reply to meeting attendees with an email, or open an attachment in a meeting request, is unforgiveable. Windows Phone has had all of this from the start, and Android even has it. not sure why Apple refuses to add this functionality. Was really hoping/expecting it to be in 7. The calendar interface is so much cleaner and more attractive than Android, but this basic functionality is pretty critical for anyone who uses their phone for work.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice a data leakage issue?

Seem to have somehow used 2.5 GB of data over the last week.

Found the old "iPhone 5 leaks data!!!11!111!" threads to troubleshoot what processes might be going awry. (Removed Podcasts app, deleted and re-entered e-mail settings, etc.)

xpimnoob

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice a data leakage issue?

Seem to have somehow used 2.5 GB of data over the last week.

Found the old "iPhone 5 leaks data!!!11!111!" threads to troubleshoot what processes might be going awry. (Removed Podcasts app, deleted and re-entered e-mail settings, etc.)

I have data leakage issues as well. After checking the logs on my plan, I had random spurts of 30mb, and 20mb data usages. I normally don't load any videos or anything unless I'm connected to wifi.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be working for me.

No kidding? No form of weather appears in my notification center. When I go into settings>notification center, not only is weather not shown in the 'include' portion, but it's not listed under 'do not include' either. Interesting.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Settings> Privacy> Location Services> scroll down to the apps section and make sure Weather was enabled.

It is John. I didn't think of checking that initially but when it occurred to me I checked. That's the only place weather is mentioned in my settings tab.

I did a reset and still nothing. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2