iOS 7 Dev Beta 2.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Nah... Most were seeing a drastic drop pretty quick..

Okay we will give it till tonight.. Most are still plugged in :p

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
New setting to select nickname.
jeheba5a.jpg

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Nah... Most were seeing a drastic drop pretty quick..

Okay we will give it till tonight.. Most are still plugged in :p
Mostly because once we install a new beta we're on the phone constantly toggling
and playing around with things. That's a big effect of battery dropping as well. Kinda
like when we buy a new phone and play around with it more than we normally would.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Really impressed by the amount of polish in this beta. Still some jittery transitions here and there but for the most part it is smooth as silk.

Seems, like its predecessors, that iOS 7 has really solid fundamentals.

PS, been fiddling around for about 2 hours straight and my battery is sitting on 85%...

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Pressing the events in text messages example: tonight will be underlined. will now open another setting where you can create a calendar event but won't let you go in and will crash as soon as you hit "create event" where before it didn't even do anything when you hit "tomorrow at 2pm"

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So were about 4 hours into in... Most should be seeing a big battery drop? Or not so

I was headed out of the house when I saw the beta 2 drop... so I downloaded and installed OTA. It stayed at 100% longer than I remember seeing beta 1 stay... but out and about (and off wifi), I dropped 10% in about an hour - mostly standby, two quick calls and a bit of screen time... back home (and on wifi) now, and at 82% with standby at 3 h, 29 m; usage 1 h, 12 m. Not overly impressive...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am the only one who is annoyed by:

• The music player's inability to shuffle all music and the band discographies? (I know you can do it by using Siri, but it's a little tricky compared to pressing a button).

• The confusing calendar, where you'll have to scroll through the day to see any appointments? Furthermore its hard to keep track of which days you have appointments, which is of course nice to see if you need to quickly find an available day

I could probably find more, but this is what really makes me irritated.

Dont run a BETA then.

salohaque

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues showing your text message history? I've tried several times to restore from back up with beta 1 and now beta 2, neither of the betas displayed my text message history. Everything else restored successfully (app data, pictures, even my recent call list!). If I downgrade back to 6.1.3 and do a restore from back up, my text message history shows up fine.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Currently battery is much better. About 2-hours on the new Beta, and have used the phone twice and played with the phone about 1/2 hour and at 97%. Yesterday I would be down to 80% and the phone would be hot to the touch.

Shisha Smoker

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
i posted earlier about the problem with the message app. well i have reinstalled the whole software and everything is running much faster and smoother than beta 1 and my messages are fine. however my ebay app still doesn't work.

shadski1

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Bummed that do not disturb isn't fixed! Just dont understand why you can't get text and emails from favorites only calls? Does anyone have an issue with trying to save pic from imessage to camera role? I click on picture to get more but no option other then to forward to a new text/email.
Attachment-1.pngAttachment-2.png

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is on a bug or on purpose, but I havent seen much mention of how when you call someone who has a picture stored it immediately is blurry.

Anyone notice if the panoramic backgrounds are smoother/less buggy?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Bummed that do not disturb isn't fixed! Just dont understand why you can't get text and emails from favorites only calls? Does anyone have an issue with trying to save pic from imessage to camera role? I click on picture to get more but no option other then to forward to a new text/email.
View attachment 32924View attachment 32925

Don't you have to tap on the pic and then save to the camera roll? I never knew you could mass select pics to save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner