Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By kch50428
  • 1 Post By Alli
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

Default LOL New instagram updated crashed phone and deleted icon from iphone

Well,

that was an interesting bug...the new Instagram update crashed then the icon disappeared from my iphone and wont let you reinstall it either...I guess no more instagram till next beta or longer lol

David
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Default Re: LOL New instagram updated crashed phone and deleted icon from iphone

Quote Originally Posted by bandityo View Post
    Well,

that was an interesting bug...the new Instagram update crashed then the icon disappeared from my iphone and wont let you reinstall it either...I guess no more instagram till next beta or longer lol

David
    Must be a "one-off" problem... I updated, created a video, and all is well with my iPhone and Instagram...
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

Default Re: LOL New instagram updated crashed phone and deleted icon from iphone

are you on ios7? I assume so...

david
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

are you on ios7? I assume so...

david
    affirmative.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,470 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Well,

David
    Updated for me fine. Crashed once on usage, but second time it was fine. Icon is still around too. Restart maybe?

Yes, iOS7 & iPhone 5
    Twitter: @codemonkeycodes / website: www.codemonkeycodes.com &
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone 6 64GB : ~= 5/10/10 RIP Dad, Forever in our hearts =~
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

Well It ate my icon from my homescreen and even though it says open in app store, nothing happens and its now gone from spotlight search lol
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

yea, couple of reboots and the icon is gone yet wont allow me to reinstall.... oh well ha
    iPhone Nanite

Same issue.

Created 1 video -- but didn't upload.

Now I can open Instagram but can't use the camera function. I can upload photos from library by holding down the camera button for a few secs.

Global Posts
    11,891 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Remember... the new Instagram app is not intended for iOS7...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Thanked by:
    Alli (06-22-2013)
    bamf-hacker and carrickfergus like this.
    iPhone Nanite

Yes - it's for developer w/ bugs. But thought Instagram would up their game a bit... >< oh well. wait for the next release either from Instagram or Apple
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by annefam View Post
    Yes - it's for developer w/ bugs. But thought Instagram would up their game a bit... >< oh well. wait for the next release either from Instagram or Apple
    Instagram won’t be "fixed" for iOS 7 until later in the summer... Apple is not even accepting iOS 7-ready apps for the app store yet. If your app uses APIs that are specific to, or newly available in iOS 7, Apple will reject the new version for the time being...
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Go into settings > general > usage and show all apps you can choose instagram from there and delete it.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts
    iOS Version

That is funny because I can only open the Instagram app after the update through the App Store. Clicking the icon does nothing.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts

Wacky, these update problems.

Do we think it's because the app is incompatible (temporarily, o/c), or because the updating process is buggy?

Mine works fine, but I turned off auto-updates, and am manually updating like with iOS 6. (iPhone 5, A1428)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Had no problem using Instagram on my iPhone 5 running beta 1. Have you tried restarting the phone?
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

You can update app thru itunes.(iphone-> apps). I had same problem with 4 apps. Think its releated to auto update.
    iPhone Nanite

You can update these apps in itunes (iphone > apps). Think its releated to auto update, had same problem with couple apps.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Mine won't let me post pictures or videos it just crashes! Maybe it'll work better once beta 2 comes out.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

For those of you who did not read Keith's warning a few posts back, please remember that you cannot submit apps to Apple yet that are iOS 7 ready - mostly because iOS 7 is not yet ready.

We're going to close app related iOS 7 threads until the GM is released.
    Thanked by:
    Fausty82 (06-22-2013)
    kch50428 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Answer to your iOS 7 Instagram crash: