is there any way to make sure a dev. register my udid to get ios7 betas?

morgans13

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
okay so i got a dev. to register my udid but i want to make sure so that when i update to beta 2 it doesnt disable my iPhone? is there anyway to check?

papadonna

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I have things confused because people keep mentioning UDID. Is the UDID registered once when you receive your account? Through your Apple ID or something I assume. If that is the case then I should be regeisterd already. Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I have things confused because people keep mentioning UDID. Is the UDID registered once when you receive your account? Through your Apple ID or something I assume. If that is the case then I should be regeisterd already. Thanks

I'm not a developer so I don't know, but I *assume* you can find out at one of the links below:

Member Center

Development Resources

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
If you paid for your $99 developer account (which matches your Apple ID), and received your activation e-mail, and are logged in at the iOS developer site, you then have to click through to the page where you can add/edit your devices -- you can add up to 100, but you have to proactively do it. It won't be done automatically for you. You'll have to find your phone's UDID -- easiest way is to connect it to iTunes, and click the serial number field (it cycles back and forth between serial number and UDID) for it on the screen that shows all the info about your phone.

Some people with dev accounts are selling spots on their 100 device list. That's probably what the original poster is talking about -- s/he got a dev to do it, and wants to make sure it's been done.

Since selling those spots is not exactly playing by the terms of service of the dev account (can result in Apple terminating the account, theoretically), it's not really in Apple's interest to give people a way to verify that these transactions were legit.

Caveat emptor!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP there is no way to make sure the dev registered your UDID except installing the beta and if it's not registered the installation will tell you that the device is not registered. There is a way but in order for you to check the dev would have to give you their login credentials and allow you to login and check.

OK so actually thinking about it I'm wrong there is a way and it's pretty simple though it's not a 100% gaurantee. If the dev is honest, though selling UDID spots is already a shot against that. They can login and take a screencap of the UDID that is registered. If they have multiple devices it's easy enough to either crop them out or use photoshop to blur them out. It is also easy to just use photoshop to add in your UDID too so this is why I said it's not 100%. It is better than going through blindly though and I don't see any dev giving someone their credentials to login so it might be your shot.

Also for anyone looking to register as a dev. If you want to get the beta don't think you're just going to sign up something pay the money and boom you're in. When I did it I had to have my IDs notarized and sent back to Apple in order for me to become a dev. So it's not a 30 minute thing and you're in just want to make sure you understand.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Also for anyone looking to register as a dev. If you want to get the beta don't think you're just going to sign up something pay the money and boom you're in. When I did it I had to have my IDs notarized and sent back to Apple in order for me to become a dev. So it's not a 30 minute thing and you're in just want to make sure you understand.
lol what? You register, pay the $99, and in an hour or two, you get the email and boom.....you are in. You don't have to notarize anything, give a sperm sample or anything like that.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
lol what? You register, pay the $99, and in an hour or two, you get the email and boom.....you are in. You don't have to notarize anything, give a sperm sample or anything like that.

really that's funny because that is what I had to do. So I was speaking from experience. Perhaps because I'm in Canada I don't know.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Capture.JPG

you were saying? I didn't say that it had to happen I just said it might happen so it's good to be prepared for what might need to be done.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
really that's funny because that is what I had to do. So I was speaking from experience. Perhaps because I'm in Canada I don't know.
I'm in Canada too dude, and i had to do nothing of the sort. Maybe Apple thinks you are shady, lol. ;)

In all seriousness, when did you register? Recently? I registered last year. Maybe they have tightened the rules since then.

rajeshr68

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I registered two weeks ago - paid the $99 and got access about 30 mins later. I wasn't asked to send in any notarized copy of the ID. I'm in Canada too!

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Canada, no requirement for notarized documents or copies of ID, but I signed up as an individual developer.

Perhaps it's different for folks who sign up as a company.

gary.l.fletcher

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the US and had to provide a notarized copy of my DL. Claimed it was because my developer method of payment didn't match my Apple ID primary payment method. Was no big deal, got access within hours of submitting it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I'm in Canada and I signed up last year. I couldn't remember exactly why but I thought I would add it for anyone to make sure they are prepared.