Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree28Likes
  • 15 Post By beastcmg
  • 1 Post By Duvi
  • 2 Post By mark37724
  • 2 Post By Duvi
  • 3 Post By Agpe17
  • 2 Post By Alli
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 2 Post By LazyStarGazer
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    beastcmg's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

    Default Words of a normal user

    I’m not a developer but have paid my $99 to be able to test the latest iOS betas when they come out, so I guess you can call me a beta tester. Now the one thing I have noticed about the newest iOS 7 beta more than the others because of all the big changes is all the people that are interested in it and are either paying the $99 to Apple or are some how getting it under the table, and these people don't understand what the hell BETA means. I have seen blog post after blog post about this and I have read a bunch of stupid comments about how buggy and crapy iOS 7 is, I mean I really saw this comment “iOS 7 is such crap I’m going back to iOS 6 and jailbreak”. I mean come on people you obviously do not know what the hell beta is and you don't know what “COMING THIS FALL” means. The iOS is not released for general use its mainly released so developers can have a head start on getting there apps ready for the fall release. In other cases there are people like me that know this is beta and search for problems to report back to apple or just let my phone send crash reports back. I use my phone for everyday use and understand the consequences that come with using unfinished beta releases of software. I do this for the soul purpose of helping in some small way, I do have friends that are developers and I try to help them out with things I find but I sure in the hell do not blow up the forums complaining about beta software or give bad reviews on the app store because an app crashes using iOS 7, sorry I mean iOS 7 BETA release. I know the good people here at iMore have tried and tried again in there blogs and post in the forums trying to explain this very thing. I’m just hoping that something from a normal everyday user can get through some thick skulls out there. So please remember if you do pay the $99 to Apple to use the beta, that is what it is beta and if you don't understand that then you wasted $99.
    iMac, MacBook Pro, iPod Nano, iPad mini, Apple TV (1080P), iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, Airport Extreme, Airport Express
    Thanked by:
    Duvi (06-16-2013), GibMcFragger (06-16-2013), jaymojones (07-01-2013), jumper809 (06-27-2013), JustMe'D (06-16-2013), kataran (06-18-2013), MountandJew (06-17-2013), SeanHRCC (06-17-2013), wendybeee (06-18-2013)
    Duvi, jaymojones, Alli and 12 others like this.
  2. #2  
    Duvi's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,937 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,870 Global Posts

    Default Re: Words of a normal user

    I agree and it's annoying!

    One thing that bothers me is how some are getting mad at app devs because now the apps are crashing.

    Current Phones: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry OS & WebOS
    beastcmg likes this.
  3. #3  
    abazigal's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    166 Posts
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

    Default Re: Words of a normal user

    We complain only because we care.

    If you don't complain now while the beta is still subject to changes, then when are you going to complain? When ios7 is finalized and released and no amount of feedback will change anything?

    When that happens, you have two choices. Shut up and install ios7, or stick with ios6. And you are out of luck if you intend to upgrade your iphone this year.

    People generate feedback (or complain and make noise, in your book) because they genuinely are passionate about Apple and iOS and truly want it to be a success.

    Maybe the method is a bit wrong, but I believe the heart is in the right place.
  4. #4  
    mark37724's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

    Default Re: Words of a normal user

    Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    We complain only because we care.

    If you don't complain now while the beta is still subject to changes, then when are you going to complain? When ios7 is finalized and released and no amount of feedback will change anything?

    When that happens, you have two choices. Shut up and install ios7, or stick with ios6. And you are out of luck if you intend to upgrade your iphone this year.

    People generate feedback (or complain and make noise, in your book) because they genuinely are passionate about Apple and iOS and truly want it to be a success.

    Maybe the method is a bit wrong, but I believe the heart is in the right place.
    I think instead of screaming & complaining now, you thank beastcmg later when the sacrifices pays off with smooth and error free os in the fall.
    beastcmg and jumper809 like this.
  5. #5  
    Duvi's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,937 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,870 Global Posts

    Default Re: Words of a normal user

    Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    We complain only because we care.

    If you don't complain now while the beta is still subject to changes, then when are you going to complain? When ios7 is finalized and released and no amount of feedback will change anything?

    When that happens, you have two choices. Shut up and install ios7, or stick with ios6. And you are out of luck if you intend to upgrade your iphone this year.

    People generate feedback (or complain and make noise, in your book) because they genuinely are passionate about Apple and iOS and truly want it to be a success.

    Maybe the method is a bit wrong, but I believe the heart is in the right place.

    Apple and devs are looking for feedback, not complaints.

    So "this doesn't work when I do this" is good.

    "I hate iOS7... the phone keeps rebooting whenever I launch xxx app" is not.

    Hell the iMore and MN apps crash on app for me, but I'm not complaining about that!
    Last edited by Duvi; 06-17-2013 at 09:55 AM.

    Current Phones: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry OS & WebOS
    beastcmg and kataran like this.
  6. #6  
    Agpe17's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts

    Default Re: Words of a normal user

    Quote Originally Posted by mark37724 View Post
    I think instead of screaming & complaining now, you thank beastcmg later when the sacrifices pays off with smooth and error free os in the fall.
    Touche.

    I loved iOS 7 when I used it this past week, but just swapped back to iOS 6 for daily usability. I've given my feedback back to Apple, and I have no doubts by Fall, it will be a polished machine.
    beastcmg, kataran and mark37724 like this.
  7. #7  
    Alli's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    11,054 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

    Default Re: Words of a normal user

    Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    We complain only because we care.

    If you don't complain now while the beta is still subject to changes, then when are you going to complain? When ios7 is finalized and released and no amount of feedback will change anything?
    Actually, feedback now will have no effect. Apple has made its decision, which is why you now have a beta. It's as final as it's going to get, other than bug fixes. So you can't complain now (well, you can, it just won't do any good), and the beta is not subject to changes beyond bug fixes.
    Thanked by:
    kataran (06-18-2013)
    Fausty82 and kch50428 like this.
  8. #8  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,225 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,227 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: Words of a normal user

    Quote Originally Posted by Agpe17 View Post
    Touche.

    I loved iOS 7 when I used it this past week, but just swapped back to iOS 6 for daily usability. I've given my feedback back to Apple, and I have no doubts by Fall, it will be a polished machine.
    BS.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Fausty82 likes this.
  9. #9  
    mynameis's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

    Default Re: Words of a normal user

    Quote Originally Posted by beastcmg View Post
    I’m not a developer but have paid my $99 to be able to test the latest iOS betas when they come out, so I guess you can call me a beta tester. Now the one thing I have noticed about the newest iOS 7 beta more than the others because of all the big changes is all the people that are interested in it and are either paying the $99 to Apple or are some how getting it under the table, and these people don't understand what the hell BETA means. I have seen blog post after blog post about this and I have read a bunch of stupid comments about how buggy and crapy iOS 7 is, I mean I really saw this comment “iOS 7 is such crap I’m going back to iOS 6 and jailbreak”. I mean come on people you obviously do not know what the hell beta is and you don't know what “COMING THIS FALL” means. The iOS is not released for general use its mainly released so developers can have a head start on getting there apps ready for the fall release. In other cases there are people like me that know this is beta and search for problems to report back to apple or just let my phone send crash reports back. I use my phone for everyday use and understand the consequences that come with using unfinished beta releases of software. I do this for the soul purpose of helping in some small way, I do have friends that are developers and I try to help them out with things I find but I sure in the hell do not blow up the forums complaining about beta software or give bad reviews on the app store because an app crashes using iOS 7, sorry I mean iOS 7 BETA release. I know the good people here at iMore have tried and tried again in there blogs and post in the forums trying to explain this very thing. I’m just hoping that something from a normal everyday user can get through some thick skulls out there. So please remember if you do pay the $99 to Apple to use the beta, that is what it is beta and if you don't understand that then you wasted $99.
    You are very correct. I am seeing a lot of people complaining that there were problems. It is a beta. Come on.
  10. #10  
    LazyStarGazer's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    641 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,767 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Sicks

    Default Re: Words of a normal user

    As years go by, and more and more people who shouldn't pretend to be devs so they can get the newest os.
    They create undeserved negativity to actual developers, and bad word of mouth about apple.
    And eventually, bad publicity, thanks to a tech media that's always looking for apple click bait.

    Will apple let this continue to escalate year after year?
    Probably not.
    They will restrict access to beta software, denying people who actually contribute to its growth and improvement the chance to do so.

    As they usually do, a small group of idiots will ruin it for everyone else.
    Wut?
    Karenkcoulter and kataran like this.
  11. #11  
    Yasin Abdul's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Words of a normal user

    iOS 7 beta is frustrating me as an apple developer.
  12. #12  
    Dryland's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    434 Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: Words of a normal user

    Quote Originally Posted by Yasin Abdul View Post
    iOS 7 beta is frustrating me as an apple developer.
    Can you expand on your post? What about developing on iOS 7 is frustrating you? Is it the change in design language?
    "If you settle for less, you'll settle for anything."

Similar Threads

  1. Average Age of an iPhone User
    By RickettsZ22 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 07:25 PM
  2. Preparing for Valentine's day.. New "Words of Love" application
    By smileup in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 12:16 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 02:36 PM
  4. Word of the Day app
    By xultar in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 09:03 AM
  5. 9 percent of cell phone users want iPhone
    By beachtrader in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 03:59 PM

Posting Permissions