iPhone 5 FaceTime Audio Only: Wideband/HD
In iOS 7 FaceTime Audio only has been implemented. Has anyone tested or read whether or not Wideband/HD audio is in use for this feature? The iPhone 5 supports it, although carrier won't support it until VoLTE.
So to test it an audio only call would have to be made from iPhone 5 to iPhone 5.
- 06-16-2013, 06:23 AM #2iMore Newbie
- 17 Posts
Re: iPhone 5 FaceTime Audio Only: Wideband/HD
I don't think they are directly comparable as FaceTime isn't restricted to using cellular codecs for voice transmission. FaceTime uses AAC-LD and so I'd expect Facetime Audio to also use this. I'd also guess (as i don't think the detailed spec is published) that the data rate would vary based on WiFi/3G bandwidth.
- 06-16-2013, 08:24 AM #3
- 06-16-2013, 01:50 PM #4
- By JustinHorn in forum iPhone 3G ForumReplies: 17Last Post: 06-11-2009, 10:05 PM
- By Jeremy in forum iPhone 4Replies: 7Last Post: 04-18-2009, 06:15 PM
- By MaTiCeK in forum iPhone 4Replies: 4Last Post: 03-02-2009, 10:39 AM
- By Cool Cat in forum iPhone 4Replies: 5Last Post: 11-30-2007, 01:57 PM
- By Kobie in forum iPhone 4Replies: 14Last Post: 01-10-2007, 07:24 AM