Changing .co.uk button in safari to .com

ThermoApps

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm living in Ireland but apple seems to think I'm in the UK by default my .com button in safari is now .co.uk and this really bugs me, is there any way I can change it to .com? I've browsed the settings but found nothing, I'm using ios 7 by the way (developer beta)

Thanks

Jack

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I found a tip that may help you.

OSX Daily said:
But what if you want to be able to quick access domains not in your main country, like Australia (.au), Canada (.ca), or the UK (.co.uk)? With a quick trip into the Settings app, you can add these and others, super easily.On your iPhone or iPad, tap your Settings app, and then tap the General tab on the left. Scroll down a bit to the Keyboard section, and tap on that. Now tap on Keyboards, and then Add New Keyboard. Choose the international keyboard of the country or countries you want to add to the quick access button in Safari. I chose English (UK), English (Australia), and English (Canada) for my keyboards.

This worked for me (I added the GB one). So if you set your default keyboard to United States, you should get the button to be .com. If you leave the current keyboard you have, you will still have access to .co.uk etc.

​So in short, make your default keyboard (first on the list) American.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I found a tip that may help you.

This worked for me (I added the GB one). So if you set your default keyboard to United States, you should get the button to be .com. If you leave the current keyboard you have, you will still have access to .co.uk etc.

​So in short, make your default keyboard (first on the list) American.

Yep. That is how it’s done...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods