No Agenda View for Calendar in iOS 7?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grujaz10

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone please confirm if Apple indeed removed the endless scrolling Agenda view from the iOS7 calendar? It appears that we lost a good amount of functionality in the calendar app which is very unfortunate.

I really loved how I can select a day in Month view and see the various appointments below the month. It allowed for very easy scrolling and weekly planning. But now, it appears that you go to a day from the Month view, and it takes you to a week long calendar above, and a view of the entire day (with free time) below. This is not useful when you only have 2 or 3 events for that day. I'd rather see only the events, not the entire day including free time. It would be great if the week/day view only showed your scheduled events and it had endless scroll like some of the third party calendar apps.

It also appears that there is no way to tell which days have appointments and which days do not. The month view in iOS 6 has a small dot indicating which days have events and which do not.

Please tell me it's just the pictures and that no functionality is actually lost.
Thanks,

Last edited:

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: No Agenda View in Calendar in iOS 7?!!

Thats my same complaint with the new Calendar as well... its a straight rip off the BlackBerry app from like 3 years ago... iOS 6 iCal was way better...

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

This is the list view. I submitted a bug about the month view having no designation of there being an event on any particular day. It was closed as a duplicate.

search_view.png

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

thanks for the screen shot . . . I'm sorry I'm in a cranky mood today but I'm trying so hard to like the new look but the combo of bright background and thin/light font and pastel colors is driving my eyeballs bonkers . . home page looks like a unicorn barfed up a bag of jelly beans . . (sorry, bad day . . .)

grujaz10

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Thank for the screenshot! Let's hope Apple does something about the month view having no designation for events. It makes no sense having to click through random days to figure out which days have appointments and which do not.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

thanks for the screen shot . . . I'm sorry I'm in a cranky mood today but I'm trying so hard to like the new look but the combo of bright background and thin/light font and pastel colors is driving my eyeballs bonkers . . home page looks like a unicorn barfed up a bag of jelly beans . . (sorry, bad day . . .)

Sounds like it. :) Hope it improves!

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like it. :) Hope it improves!

Fausty - Thanks for being good-spirited and not flaming all over me . . better days are coming

(fathers day is coming up; my annual reminder of all my failures . . . )

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Fausty - Thanks for being good-spirited and not flaming all over me . . better days are coming

(fathers day is coming up; my annual reminder of all my failures . . . )

Dude, we’ve all been there at one time or another... it’s all good, man!

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

Ok . . I've made a few comments in the forums expressing my dislike for the new icons . . .

fwiw, I'd now like to repent and recant (not that anybody really cares, but this way I feel better).

After further review (yes, I'm an NFL fan), I can now say I have made peace with, and adjusted to, the new icons (for the most part) and actually now find the old ones to seem somewhat kludgy in comparison.

My apologies for the premature ejaculation of my opinion . . . carry on . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2