Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Thumbs up FIX - iOS 7 Developer Build beta 1 - iMessage and FaceTime issues - RESOLVED!

Hello world,

After upgrading to iOS 7 on any of the iDevices, some users experienced loss of Push capability.
    It reflected mostly in users trying to use iMessage and FaceTime and in return, receiving an annoying popup message that reads: "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications"

The sad truth is that all Push capability is lost. No Exchange push, no WhatsApp push, no Game Center push (I wonder if that bothers anyone...)

So here I offer the solution to you world. Enjoy and remember that the tool was provided by the great developers of RedSn0w.

Since it's not a beta anymore - anyone can use this solution.

Instructions:
    1. Download RedSn0w from the following links:
      Mac OSx:
      Windows:
    2. Connect your iDevice to the computer with the USB cable
    3. Open RedSn0w
    4. Click on "Extras"
    5. Click on "Even More"
    6. Click on "Deactivate"
    7. Now your iDevice is deactivated and should show an activation screen
    8. Open iTunes on your computer
    9. iTunes should detect that the iDevice is connected and try to activate it
    10. If all is good and apple sends the activation tickets, your iDevice goes back to normal, only this time - with Push Capability.

Enjoy!

Since it's not a beta anymore - anyone can use this solution.
    Last edited by ixxd_com; 10-04-2013 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Edited the notice
    Thanked by:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    Adam Ng1 (10-28-2013), AlaNnax (10-15-2013), ale_p19 (09-25-2013), alihijjawi (09-22-2013), Annaliese Neal (10-12-2013), apamrljr (10-05-2013), Ashlee Popka (09-23-2013), Azlan Isa (01-03-2014), Cristina Hernandez Buenavida (10-24-2013), Davelolko (12-31-2013), drussell3086 (09-19-2013), elrfgeorge (11-28-2013), Eva Tan (09-20-2013), Hansinor (01-01-2014), Hyndburn (09-29-2013), Ivan Kadash (06-22-2013), James Barnard (07-16-2013), Jodi Mallow Maas (09-19-2013), Jonathan Lai (11-04-2013), Justinas Drugelis (10-13-2013), Kevin Hollis (09-30-2013), kudzi (11-11-2013), LanceInKrabi (09-18-2013), Lea Foverskov (11-12-2013), Lim JinYang (09-22-2013), lol123456766 (12-02-2013), meldefaria (09-29-2013), Michael KLDE (11-18-2013), Michael Scheel (09-19-2013), monther76 (12-15-2013), moore50s (09-23-2013), nabuhajar (10-01-2013), NeilC007 (09-20-2013), nickybarlow (09-20-2013), pippajaneynaylor (11-07-2013), pujolruiz (10-06-2013), RiverJuju (10-10-2013), rs0473 (10-06-2013), sadlybrokeboy (09-19-2013), Sari Valdes (09-18-2013), sreckins (12-03-2013), Stephanie Morton (09-20-2013), stephkzm (11-01-2013), Syed Zuheb (01-21-2014), Tracey Vee (10-25-2013), tune9394 (10-11-2013), Yitzchak Lieberman (03-24-2014)

Global Posts
    5,068 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Default Re: FIX - iOS 7 beta 1 - iMessage and FaceTime issues - RESOLVED!

I haven't had any push notification troubles as all.
    iPhone Nanite

You guys are my freaking heroes, and I will love you forever.
    iPhone Nanite

Okay so I know I probably sound so stupid, but I went to try this fix and then it told my activation unsuccessful and that I wasn't apart of the developer program, which I am not apart, but does this fix only apply to developers?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Quote Originally Posted by thatnerd_2017 View Post
    Okay so I know I probably sound so stupid, but I went to try this fix and then it told my activation unsuccessful and that I wasn't apart of the developer program, which I am not apart, but does this fix only apply to developers?
    ​The whole beta applies only to developers!!!
    Thanked by:
    darksora14562 (06-13-2013)
    iPhone Nanite

Thank you so much for ******* up my phone.... Now it cant be activated again because i downloaded the firmware... My phone is officially messed up... Apple would not activate it
    Heisenberg likes this.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by farnam razz View Post
    Thank you so much for ******* up my phone.... Now it cant be activated again because i downloaded the firmware... My phone is officially messed up... Apple would not activate it
    This is exactly the kind of thing that could happen when you mess with stuff about which you have no clue.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    Red_Berry_21 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

These steps didn't work but I did some further investigations and came up with a solution that seems to work consistently.

I posted it here.

Bayan
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iMore Newbie

I'm sorry, but you should have known better than upgrading to iOS 7 beta without understanding the risks involved.
    My suggestion to you is to downgrade to iOS 6. There are guides all over the net.

Good luck.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

is there a way to bipass itunes to activate it now, because i've gotten the same message as all of these others and i am just wondering if we can activate it some other way?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Take it easy man.

Place your phone in DFU mode and restore to the latest version of iOS 6. When iTunes prompts for activation after installation remove phone from the cable and proceed with the setup process on your phone. Just key in all your current iCloud info and restore from the latest iCloud backup. You will be good to go again.

Also, I find the pompous attitude of some developers on this board to be quite disgusting. It costs nothing to help a fellow member even if they've gone off on a tangent and installed things they really shouldn't have. Rather keep quiet and let them be, it is their phones after all, than fill the board with snide comments.
    Thanked by:
    jwtalley (06-21-2013), sanveg (06-15-2013), sierraallmand (08-05-2013), trevor Larkin (09-18-2013)
    Dryland, BLiNK, jwtalley and 2 others like this.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by ixxd_com View Post
    Hello world,

After upgrading to iOS 7 on any of the iDevices, some users experienced loss of Push capability.
    It reflected mostly in users trying to use iMessage and FaceTime and in return, receiving an annoying popup message that reads: "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications"

The sad truth is that all Push capability is lost. No Exchange push, no WhatsApp push, no Game Center push (I wonder if that bothers anyone...)

So here I offer the solution to you world. Enjoy and remember that the tool was provided by the great developers of RedSn0w.

IMPORTANT: Do not do the steps below if your iDevice's UDID is not registered with Apple iOS Developer Program.

Instructions:
      Mac OSx:

Windows:
    3. Open RedSn0w
    4. Click on "Extras"
    5. Click on "Even More"
    6. Click on "Deactivate"
    10. If all is good and apple sends the activation tickets, your iDevice goes back to normal, only this time - with Push Capability.

Enjoy!

IMPORTANT: Do not do the steps above if your iDevice's UDID is not registered with Apple iOS Developer Program.
    Quick question. Will this delete everything off your phone and then have to sync everything? Thanks.
    Thanked by:
    dauguts (10-27-2013)
    darren728 and kianseong like this.
    iPhone Nanite

Thank you guys. My push notifications was blocked since two days and your solution works !!!!

Thank you from a french guy with a iphone 4S !!!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,478 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

I am giving this a shot to see if it works.
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

LHH
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,478 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Quote Originally Posted by roncola89 View Post
    Quick question. Will this delete everything off your phone and then have to sync everything? Thanks.
    No it will not.
    iPhone Nanite

Hi! I have the iOS 7 beta on my iphone 4s and it is running great. The only issue I am having is that when you go into messages under settings, I am not able to turn on imessage. I can't even swipe it over. I swipe it over to turn on imessage and it just goes right back to off and I am only sending messages via text message. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Follow the directions in this post and it should fix it, but you need to ensure your device is registered as part of the developer program or you won't be able to activate it.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Thanks for the process to resolve this. iMessage is now working just fine for me.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by ixxd_com View Post
    Hello world,

IMPORTANT: Do not do the steps below if your iDevice's UDID is not registered with Apple iOS Developer Program.

Instructions:
      Mac OSx:

Windows:
    3. Open RedSn0w
    4. Click on "Extras"
    5. Click on "Even More"
    6. Click on "Deactivate"

Enjoy!

IMPORTANT: Do not do the steps above if your iDevice's UDID is not registered with Apple iOS Developer Program.
    ok, I have not read the message carefully, I now have a white screen on my iphone with a message that says this device is not registrered, what do I do?
    Thanked by:
    Ian Stevens (10-23-2013), Liirii (10-30-2013)
    iMore Intermediate

Mine was fine for two days and started today. But noticed iMessage and FaceTime would work on my Apple ID but not my phone # on I5 Verizon. This fixed mine. I signed out Apple ID on both and turned off then powered up and now it works with my phone number. PS not dev UDID registered and used update iTunes method. Sorry for the people that wasted time with the 3 R's. (Reboot, reset, restore)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iMore Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_Campher View Post
    Take it easy man.

Place your phone in DFU mode and restore to the latest version of iOS 6. When iTunes prompts for activation after installation remove phone from the cable and proceed with the setup process on your phone. Just key in all your current iCloud info and restore from the latest iCloud backup. You will be good to go again.

Also, I find the pompous attitude of some developers on this board to be quite disgusting. It costs nothing to help a fellow member even if they've gone off on a tangent and installed things they really shouldn't have. Rather keep quiet and let them be, it is their phones after all, than fill the board with snide comments.
    Developers PAY to play.... If they downloaded iOS 7 and didn't pay for it so they aren't a registered developer with apple tough luck then. Welcome to the real world where trying to get around with not paying for something messes up your phone. They should as the person or site they downloaded the file from for help....
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ios4ever View Post
    Developers PAY to play.... If they downloaded iOS 7 and didn't pay for it so they aren't a registered developer with apple tough luck then. Welcome to the real world where trying to get around with not paying for something messes up your phone. They should as the person or site they downloaded the file from for help....
    That's all good and certainly understandable but it doesn't explain the level of disdain bestowed on those few who have resorted to such measures.

I think a few, like yourself, have made their stance on the matter known but it is not necessary to repeat it ad nauseam while at the same time berate those who have made said mistake. It makes for an unpleasant reading experience for the greater population as a whole.

That said, this is my last post on the matter as I certainly don't expect others to think and behave as I do.
    Thanked by:
    Dryland (06-13-2013), gikku (06-17-2013), jwtalley (06-21-2013)
    Dryland, jwtalley and gikku like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,478 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Hmmm...it only worked temporarily.
    iPhone Nanite

iMessage and FaceTime do not work unless your phone is a registered device with Apple. If you are a member of Apple's iOS Developer program, you can register the device by following these steps:

1) Login into iOS Dev Center
    2) Click iOS 7 SDK beta
    3) Click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles (on the right)
    4) Click Devices (under iOS Apps)
    5) Click + and add a device

For Step 5, you need the UUID of the device. You can get this by connecting the device and going to the device Summary page. Click the Serial Number and it will show the UUID.

Once you add the device, it takes 2-3 minutes to become active. After that iMessage and FaceTime will start working.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast