FIX - iOS 7 Developer Build beta 1 - iMessage and FaceTime issues - RESOLVED!

ixxd_com

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello world,

After upgrading to iOS 7 on any of the iDevices, some users experienced loss of Push capability.
It reflected mostly in users trying to use iMessage and FaceTime and in return, receiving an annoying popup message that reads: "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications"

The sad truth is that all Push capability is lost. No Exchange push, no WhatsApp push, no Game Center push (I wonder if that bothers anyone...)

So here I offer the solution to you world. Enjoy and remember that the tool was provided by the great developers of RedSn0w.

Since it's not a beta anymore - anyone can use this solution.

Instructions:
  1. Download RedSn0w from the following links:
    Mac OSx: Click here
    Windows: Click here
  2. Connect your iDevice to the computer with the USB cable
  3. Open RedSn0w
  4. Click on "Extras"
  5. Click on "Even More"
  6. Click on "Deactivate"
  7. Now your iDevice is deactivated and should show an activation screen
  8. Open iTunes on your computer
  9. iTunes should detect that the iDevice is connected and try to activate it
  10. If all is good and apple sends the activation tickets, your iDevice goes back to normal, only this time - with Push Capability.

Enjoy!
:cool:

Since it's not a beta anymore - anyone can use this solution.

Last edited:

Keebemon

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: FIX - iOS 7 beta 1 - iMessage and FaceTime issues - RESOLVED!

You guys are my freaking heroes, and I will love you forever.

thatnerd_2017

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Okay so I know I probably sound so stupid, but I went to try this fix and then it told my activation unsuccessful and that I wasn't apart of the developer program, which I am not apart, but does this fix only apply to developers?:not-interested::(

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Okay so I know I probably sound so stupid, but I went to try this fix and then it told my activation unsuccessful and that I wasn't apart of the developer program, which I am not apart, but does this fix only apply to developers?:not-interested::(

​The whole beta applies only to developers!!!

farnam razz

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Thank you so much for ******* up my phone.... Now it cant be activated again because i downloaded the firmware... My phone is officially messed up... Apple would not activate it

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Thank you so much for ******* up my phone.... Now it cant be activated again because i downloaded the firmware... My phone is officially messed up... Apple would not activate it

This is exactly the kind of thing that could happen when you mess with stuff about which you have no clue.

ixxd_com

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry, but you should have known better than upgrading to iOS 7 beta without understanding the risks involved.
My suggestion to you is to downgrade to iOS 6. There are guides all over the net.

Good luck.

Brendan Bailey

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

is there a way to bipass itunes to activate it now, because i've gotten the same message as all of these others and i am just wondering if we can activate it some other way?

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Take it easy man.

Place your phone in DFU mode and restore to the latest version of iOS 6. When iTunes prompts for activation after installation remove phone from the cable and proceed with the setup process on your phone. Just key in all your current iCloud info and restore from the latest iCloud backup. You will be good to go again.

Also, I find the pompous attitude of some developers on this board to be quite disgusting. It costs nothing to help a fellow member even if they've gone off on a tangent and installed things they really shouldn't have. Rather keep quiet and let them be, it is their phones after all, than fill the board with snide comments.

roncola89

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Hello world,

After upgrading to iOS 7 on any of the iDevices, some users experienced loss of Push capability.
It reflected mostly in users trying to use iMessage and FaceTime and in return, receiving an annoying popup message that reads: "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications"

The sad truth is that all Push capability is lost. No Exchange push, no WhatsApp push, no Game Center push (I wonder if that bothers anyone...)

So here I offer the solution to you world. Enjoy and remember that the tool was provided by the great developers of RedSn0w.

IMPORTANT: Do not do the steps below if your iDevice's UDID is not registered with Apple iOS Developer Program.

Instructions:
    Mac OSx:
    https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
    Windows:
    https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
  3. Open RedSn0w
  4. Click on "Extras"
  5. Click on "Even More"
  6. Click on "Deactivate"
  10. If all is good and apple sends the activation tickets, your iDevice goes back to normal, only this time - with Push Capability.

Enjoy!

IMPORTANT: Do not do the steps above if your iDevice's UDID is not registered with Apple iOS Developer Program.

Quick question. Will this delete everything off your phone and then have to sync everything? Thanks.

Louis Gonon

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Thank you guys. My push notifications was blocked since two days and your solution works !!!!

Thank you from a french guy with a iphone 4S !!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

LHH

Jackie White

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Hi! I have the iOS 7 beta on my iphone 4s and it is running great. The only issue I am having is that when you go into messages under settings, I am not able to turn on imessage. I can't even swipe it over. I swipe it over to turn on imessage and it just goes right back to off and I am only sending messages via text message. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Follow the directions in this post and it should fix it, but you need to ensure your device is registered as part of the developer program or you won't be able to activate it.

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the process to resolve this. iMessage is now working just fine for me.

pedra31

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Hello world,

IMPORTANT: Do not do the steps below if your iDevice's UDID is not registered with Apple iOS Developer Program.

Instructions:
    Mac OSx:
    https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
    Windows:
    https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
  3. Open RedSn0w
  4. Click on "Extras"
  5. Click on "Even More"
  6. Click on "Deactivate"

Enjoy!

IMPORTANT: Do not do the steps above if your iDevice's UDID is not registered with Apple iOS Developer Program.

ok, I have not read the message carefully, I now have a white screen on my iphone with a message that says this device is not registrered, what do I do? :crying:

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

Mine was fine for two days and started today. But noticed iMessage and FaceTime would work on my Apple ID but not my phone # on I5 Verizon. This fixed mine. I signed out Apple ID on both and turned off then powered up and now it works with my phone number. PS not dev UDID registered and used update iTunes method. Sorry for the people that wasted time with the 3 R's. (Reboot, reset, restore)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk